Wednesday, January 27, 2010

..passing Acapulco.. :)

Hi there friends and family :)

ah well.. I was already in the office and ready to start with the theory of skydiving, as I got the message from my friend, telling me, I should do it in another place, because Mexico might not be accepted by the rest of the world (or Switzerland). Maybe it actually would, but I got too many doubts and just headed out right away.
now I´m getting more information and also asked in Switzerland some people what they think about. Maybe they can give me an update where I can make it.. it's just postponed!! ;) not canceled.

I drove this day then to Lago Patzquaro, where I stayed the night with a friend and her daugther (such a sweet little girl!! :D she made me a drawing and I think, we liked each other a lot!! ..too bad, I didn't have more time there to hang out there. They live in a nice round house with 2 floors, having electricity for a year now, but still no connection to water (so simple, basic life).

Yesterday then I drove to Ixtapa (that's like Cancun, super touristy and sometimes weird things happen because of this). Stayed in a protected camping and just put my hamock, after I jammed with some people from Poland and had some nice talks and some beers.. what pretty cool, for still being in such a touristy place.
Since I left GLD, I found myself new plans and goals for traveling. So I will be in Zipolite for the Weekend and then going to Chiapas (a state, that's much nicer than Yucatan) and want to stay for 1 or 2 weeks. Somehow have to prolongue my insurance.. will try it by calling them tomorrow.

I wonder if I will ever be able to drive normally again after Central and South America ;) ..I just go adapting and without putting myself in too many risks, you pass cars whenever there is space and the right moment. They have a lot of "bumpers" on the road, where you have to slow down (because otherwise nobody slows down ;) so when cars are lining up to pass these, I just can pass by, having much better suspension :)

I still have to adjust my bags, but overall the new way of packing is much better than before :)
was really nice driving down here!! until getting into Acapulco, there was not too much traffic (happy to be outside the town again ;). It´s the same with my bike.. as soon there is no wind (standing still), then I overheat very quickly.. so I just want to be going! ;) the engine heats up to 100ÂșC before the fan starts (does it even on lowest RPM). So at least I know now how this should work and if the fan would fail (what didn't happen so far), then I hear it and can turn the engine off).
here it´s hot, sun, blue sky and I really like it!!! :D ..beautiful beaches and a cheap living, a psy trance party about to come.. what more could I ever wish for? ;)

hmm.. I guess, that's it.. let's see to get out of this place.. Acapulco has been famous since the 50ies, as I heard, where moviestars from the US made holidays. I just had this name present.. they have beautiful beaches here, but as I'm not spending a lot of money (and mostly not liking the vibe of doing it ;) I don´t miss a lot here by just driving through..

OK.. hear soon from me. I'm heading out here and see that I can enjoy another sunset on the beach.. :) (yes, I'm having pretty much a real good time here! ;) hehe :) ..and dude, it's so badass to travel with a motorbike through Central America!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment