Friday, January 15, 2010

..Sunshine and surfing.. :)

Wow.. it´s quite a while that I wrote something down here (or many things happened since then ;)
I had a very long driving day to Durango and straight on to Mazatlan, traveling the "devils spine" as it´s called. Really gave me a level-up in my riding skill ;) there were hundreds(!!!) of sharp and steep curves with zero visibility. rain or cold would have made it impossible to drive the 300km over the mountains (it´s the rocky-mountain-chain that continues in Mexico). I´ve seen dozens of crosses along the way, that must have come from accidents on snowy and foggy roads. Anyway, there are trucks along the way that set their indicater, when they think it´s safe to pass (because you can´t see nothing from behind). Was quite an adventure! :D ..then arriving at sea level, the bike started to overheat. I still don´t know exactly why, but might have to do with the altitude drop (air pressure change). I ignored the warning lamp for ten minutes and the hotel was already in sight, when coolant spilled out of the circuit and vaporized on the hot engine. Looked pretty dramatic :-/ and I thought, a hose has broken.. but well.. I stopped, pushed the bike to the next hotel and got myself overheated, because of having many, many layers for crossing the mountains (must have been 3000m at least). Took me ten minutes and a cold shower to normalize my heartbeat :P I remembered my fathers words, that before freaking out, it´s worth to check the situation.. so I disassembled the side of my bike the next day and found that there is no leak, even still enough coolant inside. So I assume, the cap has an overpressure valve and it opened (would be very fool proof ;) I spend 2 nights in Mazatlan, a quite touristy harbor city.. with a road along the beach for making it really loud and noisy :P
but well.. spend some time on the rooftop, doing some tai chi and kung fu stuff, watching Pelicans flying very close over the roof to get the upwinds :) was really cool!! :) they´re pretty big and dive near the shore in the ocean to catch some fish.
I had then another day riding down to Sayulita, where I stay now for already 3 nights and might stay a bit longer ;) the bike was fine so far and I hope to find a BMW dealership in Mexico city, where I could get a bigger service done (will be actual, once getting on the road again :)

here it´s super nice!! blue sky, sunshine, beach, graet waves for surfing (lots of surfers here) ..a tropical paradise! very small town, cool people (I get along well with just anybody ;) haha :D
tried some surfing yesterday and it´s really fun! I would get my own board, if I would have a car to travel (and then stop along the beach and do some surfing). I might try bodyboard for it´s easier ;) ..oh.. and met some skydivers that totally inspired me to make my license here in South America.. if I find a school, that offers the whole package for 1000 dollar, I want to do it! :D
I figured out, that a budget of 50USD per day is what I spend here.. it´s not too bad, because in Switzerland, I would have about the same.. so I enjoy eating good food and having some convenience along the way.

have a nice day and hear from me soon! ..it´s really nice to hang out here and chill for some days! camping out what cost´s me barely nothing and getting cold, cheap beer from the store ;)

be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment