Friday, January 8, 2010

..chased by the cold..

que p*ta..

I´m having the pleasure to experience Mexico in it´s snowy look.. what happened the last time 4 years ago.. so WHY now?!?!?
well.. I´m staying here in Saltillo, a small town with the population of 20 000. Checked in, in a hotel with heater and bath tub, so I can defrost my bones ;) again spending 50 bucks, but there is NO WAY to stay outside.. it has never been that cold, when I was riding my bike.. was below zero and I had my viser frozen from the ice gusts :/ so after 65km (I started early this morning in Monterrey) I was frozen to death and had to stop.. hmm.. should be better tomorrow (at least no fog :P then I could drive to Torreo that lies 260km west from here.
yeah.. it´s pretty adventurous to travel like that ;) hehe :) never know, where you end up and what you gonna eat the next day. So I don´t complain.. it´s just.. on the other side of the mountains would be sunny beach ;)
people here are super helpful!! whereever I go, they make calls for me or check the internet or giving me best rates they can. I really like this country!! :)
hmm.. what more.. I met a girl from Quebec yesterday night and we were chatting and having some drinks at the bar. I´m getting into the Mexican Spanish (it´s mostly "que padre" what means, "really cool/badass" ;) hehe :)
so yes.. exept for the cold, I´m doing well here. All these changes aren´t that bad actually (I realize, how good I am at dealing with changes ;) was of course a bit a cultural shock after 6 month in the States, but doesn´t take me very long to adapt :)

Just had to tell you about the snowy palm trees and the rough ambiental conditions ;) the handle bar heater doesn´t really warm my fingers, but prevent them from freezing to the metal ;) I´ll be shouting out loudly when I see the sun again and if it´s getting warmer ;)

here they have super highways where you have to pay and free roads.. depending of the road condition, I pay to have a road by myself (local people mostly don´t pay so you have more accidents on the small roads). it takes you at least four eyes to check the traffic and getting out of Monterrey I got a feeling how Mexico city will be ;) hehe :) but as long you turn your head and check the mirrors before changing lane, you´re fine.. just keep in mind, that they drive pretty crazy ;) ..I´m trying the local beers, food, different coffees at the gas station and enjoy all the small differences :)
by now my room should be clean and (hopefully) heated up.. so I can take a bath, eat some yummi food and explore the small city (and bars tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment