Saturday, January 9, 2010

..Sunshine after all! :)

..waaaay better now ;)

I actually had a wonderful time in Saltillo, what first I didn´t expect at all.. went out to a bar and met lots of really cool people! :) there was a good rock cover band that I had awesome conversations and went eating some local food at 4am :) there is a guy that I might meet further down, who studies biology and we talked a lot about different plants, the dinosours they found here in the Sierra, Aztecs and Mayas, geography of Mexico.. was interesting to the bone! ;) hehe :) I got ideas where to go, what to do and what to try.. as for example drink tequila called "Mescal" (no, there is no mescaline inside ;) and eat the worm at the end (yeah.. I might do that, just for the fun of it ;) the girls are pretty and even understand them ;)
Had also conversations about corruption and drug war here in Mexico.. they have to big rivalising families, that have a bloody, messy war. But as always.. you don´t get killed, if you don´t mess with the things. For just traveling through Mexico, it´s very unprobable to get shot at a red light for honking (because you just don´t honk ;)

So I slept until 10.30 this morning, had some breakfast and drove about 4 hours through the flat desert with some mountains fading in the haze, blue sky and sunshine :) Ok.. still had 2 pairs of socks, thermo pants, cotton pants, jeans, 2 swaethers, 2 t-shirts and my full bike equipment, but it was very acceptable for a ride :) ..makes me just a bit stiff to have so many layers for so many hours.. the good times getting massages whenever I needed, seem to be over ;)

here in Torreon, I stopped in the Crown Plaza and ask where there are nice places to go out and where to find a cheap hotel ;) driving a few kilometers more and asking in a place or two, I found a super nice, relaxed place just a few blocks from my hotspots here and this for only 15 dollars (strike! :) and has parking for my bike (wouldn´t want to leave it the whole night outside.. think would be possible, but then I should probably empty my boxes, what is kinda unconvenient :P ;)

bueno.. let´s go for a taco and some grilled mais :) maybe tomorrow will be a quite night ;)
be happy and all the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment