Wednesday, January 20, 2010

..getting things done.. :)

just a short update, once here is fast and cheap internet ;)

I made it to Guadelajara (almost overheated :P and my little baby is now in a BMW workshop, where they make it all new ;) hehe (almost ;)
well, the problem seems to be known and it´s as I thought oil in some part, namely the airfilter. I could have probably fixed it by myself, but as they also set the level of oil, control all the data and make sure that the bike runs smootly, I´m happy it can be done with a few dollars.. well.. it´s about 360 bucks, but includes new cooling fluid (has to be changed) and changing break pads and fluid (hell, that´s important! :) then new tyres and changing will also be about 250USD but will be done in Guatemala, where it´s cheaper than here (hence they are not completely down).
I found myself a 13-dollar-hotel and stay in the city center.. was going out yesterday (bars pretty empty because Tuesday) and met some nice people to chat with :)
today I went looking for bags.. the shops just have for the rear side and I called pretty many places to decide finally, I go looking by myself. Ended up in the marked (biiiig) and checked some backpacks to improvise algo and found along the way some cool leather bags.. they´re not sooo big and I need to put plasticbags inside, because they don´t seal and the set (they´re knot together in the middle) is also 100 bucks.. but at least they are super durable and survive things, that the plastic boxes didn´t. So I will check tomorrow if they really fit and buy the upgrade ;)
maybe I put a fur on my seat (for being more comfi ;)
was also considering to buy a poncho, but I have no extra room.. so maybe later if I loose some things along the way ;) ..and oh, I´m proud owner of a badass-slingshot now :D haha ;) looking forward to practice in the countryside! :D

I´m still trying to find out, if I can make a parachute license here.. might still be 1500USD, but one day I want to make it, so why not just here ;) same are diving prices.. for 2 month training, they ask for about 2500USD (well, for two month it´s not too bad ;) hehe :) but it takes time and some money.. I´m so incredibly happy, I had to come back to Switzerland to work.. it didn´t just turn out as the best year in my life!!! (before this trip ;) it also allows me now to travel without worrying about budget.. riding a bike comes a bit higher than hitchhiking ;) hehe :) but as life is more affordable here and I´m having time to explore and discover, I think I should just enjoy my ride down ;)

hmm.. it´s probably all that occupied my mind. It´s really freeing to write some words down :) will get my bike tomorrow, hopefully getting my bags and then heading out on Friday, visiting some friends at a beautiful lake with volcano :) ..ah.. life is great!! :D hope you enjoy as well!!
love and blessings to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment