Thursday, July 16, 2009

where swiss people may end up.. :)

Hi there :)

I have kinda catch up with my story ;) even if I don't feel like commenting a lot, I'd like to share some of my unbelievable stories with you ;)

..the last day in Seward, I used to climb Mt.Marathon (what a funny name ;) ..every 4th of July, 300 people would "run" up and down that mountain (more are not allowed, because it's already dangerous enough ;) ..so I met Mario, a German guy on the bottom and we made our way up.. it's about 1000m and took us an hour to get to the top (including the minutes we used to get our breath back, while watching the breath taking scenery ;) 
..we had a little snowball fight on the top and then ran down as it's like walking on the moon, because of the loose gravel.. you get a quite thrilling speed jumping down :D ..took us 25 minutes to be on sea level again :)

the next day, I headed for Homer.. my heart filled with pure love to all the people I met so far. It's incredible.. it just started and I met already so many nice people.. open minded, heart followers, that understand my being on the first sight! I felt so welcome in all these places and still am, where I'm sitting now! :D ..I feel, that I could live my life in any place, and that's a great feeling!
in Homer, I hooked up with some people, that had a RV (motor home) down there and helped them cleaning their boat. I was invited to Chili and Lasagna and decided to leave my recently bought camping stuff behind.. I don't have room for it, would need a lot of other stuff as well (like food ;) and I'm just not into cooking.. still not.. so better make a sandwich, roll a potato into foil or put a can into the fire ;) ..but somehow it seems, that we tend to need these things, in order to figure out, that we don't need them ;) :P
but it's a good feeling to leave things behind.. kinda makes you more free! :)

so I camped out two days at the "spit" (the half Island in Homer) and met the right people in the right moment.. went out the next day to visit the russian town (where my bike got surrounded by horses ;) ..I drove my bike along the beach (it was low tide) and got pretty excited about it.. so excited, that I somehow oversaw a bump and managed to break both of my mirrors, bend  a pannier and a blinker (no Mom, don't worry, it wasn't dangerous! ;) hehe :D just a scratch for me and a minor flesh wound for the bike (but someday I have to learn how to fix it, right?). So on my way back, I met Brigitte from Germany, who leaves here for years with her Husband Willi from Switzerland, Aargau :) he had all the tools we needed and I shaped that pannier back in no time :) it's even better than before and we got the broken screw out and this very afternoon I got them mounted again. ..the right people in the right moment :) they invited me for dinner.. pesto and salad from their garden with fresh mushrooms.. just so delicious!! :D
met other guest, who stayed with them, got also invited to their place (thou I didn't make it then) and got a contact here in Anchorage, that gave me the address of a friend, who has two BMWs, so I'm eager to talk to him! :)
I left out all the expensive stuff.. as flightseeing and bear watching.. I just don't like to spend a lot of money for experiences like that.. they come for free and are best, if unexpected.. HAHA :D the next day I saddled my bike and drove back to Anchorage.. 340 km.. it's enough for a day.. gonna try to keep my daily routes shorter than that. (especially with a bike packed that much)
there are quite some people from Switzerland staying there and I unfortunately didn't have time to visit them all, but I'm sure, it would have been a good experience!!

oh.. I have to mention that: when I arrived, there was this bald eagle sitting on the beach and eating on a fish. So I approached carefully and got to close to 5m.. just sitting next to him and admire him, until he finished and spread out his wings and climbed in the airs again.. was just amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment