Tuesday, July 28, 2009

..the town of rocky tocky and an unexpected wedding..

dear friends and family :)

once more I feel like catching up.. there happens so much all the time! you just get a glitch of it.. to document all of it, if just too much :P

hmm.. there are some people who haven't get the link to this blog yet.. so probably have to send it to all of you again.. sorry for the inconvenience ;)

for those who got my email with the links.. I might have been a little bit too harsh, about not having personal contact ;) hehe :) I mean.. my mailbox remained mysteriously silent (as you would have taken it very serious ;) and it would be sad, if I wouldn't get a single email of anybody for 1.5 years.. so feel free to comment, commit or whatever you feel :) I'll find time somewhen to drop a few lines back..

so.. after the last post at Watson Lake, I run into some Swiss guys, that were traveling after being in a language school and we had a great evening! :) eat some pasta and discussed about life.. I tried out my hammock and it totally rules :D (just better to do that in mosquito less areas ;) ..I patched myself up in the morning (shower and stuff) and head then down the Cassiar Highway to a place called Dease Lake, where I turned in to a dirt road to Telegraph Creek. I actually wanted to climb the Mt. Medziza (you should google a picture of it, then you know, why I wanted to stand on top of it! :D
so after 112km, I just figured out, that there is no way to get there.. wether 5 days of hiking after crossing the river with a canoe or flying in with a float plane (out of budget once again ;)
anyway.. the ride there was pretty thrilling (you should check the pictures on picasa.com) you just come one time too fast into a curve and you are as totaled as your bike is ;) you probably rather survive a jump off the 5th floor than that. but anyway.. it was not a problem. you just are very, very aware and drive very slowly. So I'm still alive, but having a lot more experience, driving my bike ;)
when I got there, I found a ghost town.. I mean.. half of the houses are inhabited, but half of them have been abandoned decades ago. makes them pretty creepy and full of stuff.. there was a lot of catholic french written things lying around in the old church.. even a fridge in another house (hmm.. now I wonder, what was inside.. should have opened it ;)
yes.. had a nice time there.. slept on the balcony of the old church, so it was another night for free ;) hehe :)
there was also a wedding that night and I got invited (as everybody was invited). they had absolutely delicious food there and some wine.. but the party itself wasn't a lot of my taste. OK, I'm not into weddings anyway, but it was kinda closed community and half of the people were just there, because they are supposed to be there.. others were really drunk (pissed, fucked up or shit-faced, as people would say here ;) hehe :)
this happens mostly to native people (Indians), who don't have an enzyme in their liver, that's needed to digest alcohol. So what happens is, that they just get fucked up really quickly (remember the old western movies, where they had the drunken indians, because of the fire water? ..it's truly like that.. :-/
so I had to drive back that road the next day and moved on to Kitwanga.. (actually even a little bit more, so I broke my driving record.. made more than 600km that day).
was totally crushed in the evening and found (after some less friendly people) a very nice guy camping out there.. he invited my dinner and me had best discussions about spirituality and philosophy.. he's just a great guy! :) fire fighter and on vacation :)
oh.. do I have to mention, that it was just GORGEOUS to drive down the Cassiar Highway? I just love seeing all the nice things around.. OK.. no wildlife so far, but I think, these fellows just run away, when they hear the motor sound.. anyway, how much fun is it for an elk to hang out at the road? :D so I might still have to watch discovery channel to see the bears ;) hehe :)
at a certain point, I figured out, that I can lift my bike up by myself.. it was again like pulling it over. wasn't driving fast.. one time by sliding backwards. then I have to unload the things on the back, grab it in the right spot and lift it up again.. takes me less than 5 minutes, but of course, sucks doing it (for it should not happen ;) but so far everything fine.. it would also be very costly to have a crash at higher speed, so I naturally try to avoid ;)

then from Seeley Lake (close to Kitwanga) I had a easy day (but hell of a sore ass already) to get to Vanderhoof (no, it's not in the netherlands ;) where I met Richi, the husband of my deceased god mother. he lives in a very, very beautiful and quite spot in a very decent house.. so I slept in a twin bed and could my limbs stretch out ;)
we had nice discussions the whole evening long and I could do some on the pendent work.. pictures upload, clean my stuff, wash clothes.. and service the bike.
he is an excellent cook and I eat delicious and healthy food (yes, it's possible ;) fresh salmon with potatoes and salad and a fruit salad for desert :)
this morning I was busy getting my things ready and then we went visiting Karma (yes, that's a name ;) in Prince George. I got my own phone number here and found a place, that had a new tyre for my bike. the old one is pretty worn out, but it's just 65 bucks to get a new one and I will appreciate the better grip it will have :)
tonight I stay here (checking out the night life ;) and tomorrow I head back to Vanderhoof.. wether my friend tells me, she likes also camping out for a few days in Jasper (in the Rocky Mountains), I would start already tomorrow to Prince Goerge (back and forth and back and forth ;) change tyre and oil, stay for the night and then go to Jasper and down through the Rockies.. weehaaa :D it's just so totally cool driving around here! :) BEAUTIFUL!

ehmm.. that's it so far.. 

if anybody thinks, leaving all behind and traveling that far is hard, then you're wrong! ;) it's just totally awesome, inspiring, lovely, fulfilling and hell a lot of fun! :) it's pretty easy in fact and fit's my personality ;)

have a great time and be blessed! may the sun shine bright in your life (especially in Switzland ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment