Saturday, July 11, 2009

a fish story

hmm.. it's already 22.15 and still as bright as it could be.. midnight sun rules!! :)

I arrived in Seward and due to some lucky circumstances, I ended with very nice people, having a great party, making new friends and having a lot of fun! :) oh yeah! the trip has begun!!
the last time, I just stayed overnight and was camping alone.. but this time, it's just an awesome, incredible experience!! :D I feel blessed by life and hope, that I can pass something on of if..

so I heard about the Exit Glacier hike (that was a good exercise! :) just brought way too many layers with me and was sweating a lot. but once on the top, I sat down, meditated a while and felt the elements coming together.. the warm sun, a refreshing breeze, the water flowing under the ice and the solid ground below me. Nature here is beautiful and finally I got time to hike around..

the evening, we had a tasty Alaskan BBQ with fresh caught salmon (it couldn't be better! :) I'm known for not being a huge fan of fish, but this salmon was just delicious! :D
later on, I went to town, going out in a bar (I cycled to town.. no drunk driving of course ;) and met some very nice people.. actually, they are just great!! :D
I got invited that very evening to a boat trip to catch salmon out in the Alaskan sea.. I would never go on a charter (touristy) tour, paying a lot of money for.. but being out with friends, that show you how to fish, on the biggest yaught in Seward (maybe even in whole Alaska, because it belongs to a billionaire), catching fresh salmon.. some people would die for that ;)
oh.. now I'm ruined.. totally spoiled.. this almost can't be beaten by another fishing trip. it was just totally awesome!!! :D could call it the best day in my life :) (so far ;)
all I had to get was a fishing license for 20 bucks.. I could not even have afforded the gasoline, the two 1200 HP engines consumed.. you might check the pictures out.. even caught a King Salmon (they are far more rare than the Silver Salmon). oh yeah.. learned a lot about fishing.. and will be forever grateful for these fulfilling moments! :) traveling rocks totally!!! haha :D you should try that! ;)

now I'm going out.. it's Saturday and let's see, what the evening holds for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment