Tuesday, July 21, 2009

..new friends, a rainy good bye and sudden changes..

yay.. finally time to free my mind and catch up with my blog!

I had a greattime in Anchorage! ran into people, with very good energies.. the week-end, my friends took me out in the woods, where the "Gypsy Undergound" band (they play awesome psychadelic rock) had a stage built, with lots of space to hang around! :)
I eat great food.. organic, vegan and also fresh salmon :) we spinned fire and made music and wherever they eye reached, there were artistic vibes! ..I've seen the first time in my life a fire rope-dart and a fire contact ball and they just rock! :D haha ;) ..need to practice more ropedart and get one of those!!!
they installed a shadow screen and it was just so cool, to do wierd stuff behind it.. shadow screen is a winner! ;) ..hmm.. finally after two days of enjoying ourselves in all imaginable ways, we split up and for me, it was also time to move on, if I want to make it to Prudhoe Bay and back down to the Shambhala music festival. In just a few days, I met dozen of totally amazing people around Anchorage! :D ..and I know, it would be a nice time, to stay there and hang out with them! :)

of course it was raining the next day, when I started.. went to the ministry of traffic to get a personalized license plate.. gonna let you know, if it worked out ;) and head for Fairbanks.
on my way, I decided for some reason to turn in onto the old Denali Highway (that's a blast! 80 miles of dirtroad through the wilderness! :) I rode my dragon with 65 mph through hills and plains ;)
.. for some other reasons I decided to move on and on, to finally end up at a place, sitting on a bar between motorbike riders and some guys with a laptop. decided then to check the distance from where I was to the festival and figured out, that I assumed a little bit wrong.. about 1500 miles wrong.. ups.. (for those who don't know 1 mile = 1.6 km). So if I want to make it to Prudhoe Bay, I don't have any spare days and would have to drive every day 300 miles.. it's just not how I like it. So I decided quickly, to change all planned ahead and go directly for Canada, so I have enough time to drive down without getting "pain in the ass" ;)
as I left so many things behind, I didn't actually need, I gave also my spare 2 gallons fuel tank away and drove to Tok.
it's kinda sad to leave Alaska that quick and I'm not prepared yet for Canada (could I ever have? ;) and it would have been nice to see the road to that outtest point of Alaska, but it's not going to happen this time. I also don't feel like to drive a lot of miles, but more meet interesting people and have an unforgettable time ;)
so on my way here I drove first from Paxson to Delta Junction.. totally beautiful!! :D and then 110 miles down to Tok.. totally boring road.. trees on both sides and enough distance to the road to spot mooses. you could see miles ahead, because the road is just straight :P
so I ended up with 75-80 mph (highway limit is 65 mph) and it would have been all right, if I didn't get too much used to it, so I still had this 75 mph, when I reached city limit (55 mph) and the police car passed. hmm.. they appearently radar you when you pass by, so I saw some flashing lights in the mirror and a car stopping. not enough.. for panicking a minute, I somehow turned in a street ? to loose the police in the forest? and ended just in a backyard of a house. hmm.. so I got off the bike and there is also the officer arriving (there was no siren, to mention that ;) haha :D it was not ALL that dramatic ;)
anyway.. with this real ackward feeling, when you know, you did something wrong, every single cell of my body yelling for merci and understanding.. and feeling REALLY sorry, he broke that down to a 90 dollar ticket.. phew ;) I wouldn't have my license anymore in Switzerland, I guess ;)
but yes.. foreigner + being nice and burning good Karma ;) hehe :)
so at least I have now my bike checked.. it's not stolen, it's correctly registered and the insurance card was enough. didn't need international driving license.. swiss one is OK :)
got a good story at least ;) hehe :) even if it are not the ones, that I'm trying to tell.. ;) would have probably spend that money for better things as booze ;) but in the end, it doesn't matter. you don't get always the best deal out of life, if you're traveling, might spend too much for a cab or being ripped off at the market.. it doesn't matter in the end, because you always run into these priceless moments, where you met nice people and have been invited to something.. situations, that fill your heart with love! :)

so here I am.. in Tok.. washed my bike (and loved it!!) haha :D ..it was a mosqito cementary on the front and Denali mud wall from behind.. so it just looks really nice again ;)
and the more other bikes I see, the more I like mine.. it looks just so damn good!! :D
it's incredible, how many bug commit suicide on my visier :P they just get smashed within miliseconds and make a noise between "fshh" and "clack" (the second ones are REALLY ugly!) I'd like to see the insect, that spreads so much guts on my helmet ;) hehe :) ..started to write a song about them ;)
now, as my mind is freed, I'm looking forward to hang out at the camp site and play guitar and practise with my double sticks. got tons of new ideas, after meeting these cool guys in Anchorage! :D

gonna keep you posted and have a good time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment