Saturday, July 11, 2009

Arrival and the first days..

Dear family and friends,

I'm still not sure, if I should write email and blog in English or German, but I try it in English first, so it becomes even more international ;) and you might profit in the sense of learning a few new words (I hope my grammar won't be all that bad ;)

I managed to pack my bike (hell do I have a lot of stuff.. needed some army bags from a backyard sale, to mount everything on my bike ;) might even leave something behind, to get a better bike handling..

I stayed at two different couchsurfing places over night and enjoyed a lot! was a great time in Anchorage!! (not as the last time, where I had to camp out alone somewhere). Somehow everything seems to work out better this time and I enjoy this "starting-help" of the universe :)

I'm now pretty familiar with anchorage.. drove a lot up and down to get my things done. bought some camping equipment (and got my VISA card canceled, because it passed the limit ;)
even if they don't even have wheat here (that's imported like everything else except for fish ;) they brew a lot of different beers in Alaska and I'm on it to try as many of them as possible.. ;)

after three days, I had prepared everything and headed down to Seward..

No comments:

Post a Comment