Saturday, November 6, 2010

..the lines of Nazca..

Ohhh my god... it´s 1hr40min since I entered internet to write some blog and I still haven´t begun :P

well.. had to take care of lots of planning.. paraglide in Cuzco? got some people interested in my bike and figuring out how to transfer title. Uploading a lot of pictures (well.. not in the houndreds, but more than with my old cam ;) takes all quite some time to sort and name.. but I feel, I want have it done that way! ;)
then thinking about my future job.. will have an updated CV soon and send out my minions (a.k.a. emails ;) hehe ;) to sense the universe! ;)

So I had a nice ride to Nazca (or "Nasca" as even the street signs contradict each other ;) .. of course took a while to clear up when getting out of Lima, but then finally blue sky! :) took my through deserts and mountains to the famous Nazca-Lines. Got a picture from the Mirador but to pay around 100 USD for a 30min flight seemed too much to me (especially because 30min are the way back and forth and probably time cut in half, because the plane makes left and right circles (so you just get nice view half of the time ;) hehe ;)
but I touched one of the lines (one you can officially get close to ;) and did quite some other stuff around Nazca :)
At the mirador I asked some people for a hotel and they gave me a card of the place where they stay and when I finally found it, I was not too impressed but thought, for a night it´s OK. Then they asked me, if I can share my private room with someone (I said sure, no problem :) and then it turned out that this someone is a very beautiful and fascinating young girl from the jungle of Peru ;D yes.. I can´t complain how the universe treats me ;) hehe ;)
I tried to rent a helmet for her but was not possible :( ..but as the new ones cost about 17 USD, I just bought one (not that I would use it on long distance trips :P but better than nothing ;) so we went to some aqueducts close to the city and hiked on some hill.. the next day went to some sunken ruins in the desert that are still excavated. Just a few walls.. but was an adventure to ride to the place (few signs, few people to ask.. ) and luckily when we arrived the guard didn´t see us and just catched us when we were climbing illegally on the walls ;) ..sorry.. the official sign does not let you even get close.. so we had to get there to see something! ;) they are still excavating it and next year they make an entrance-office where they charge and let guides take people closer (glad I was there before ;)
there are a lot of ceramic fragments lying around (as in Guatemala) but the real cool stuff was a human bone of the upper part of a leg (I´m pretty sure it was human, because on the cemetery we saw the same ones ;) ..we found this and other bones a bit away from the walls (where no digging goes on). I wonder how it made it there, but must have had houndreds of years already! :)
then we tried to get to the ancient cemetery but didn´t make it because was getting cold already (after 5 o`clock it got super chilly in Nazca.. brrrr). Need to buy some Alpaca-clothes! ;D
We talked a lot, Paula and me and on the third night, she told me a lot about her past and childhood.. was really, really touched!! for receiving so much confidance and for feeling with her all the things she told me. I haven´t been with someone that has been treated like that! ..never knew her real father, missing love from her mother and violated when 14 years old :`( many wounds are still closing.. lot´s of nightmares and tears. Nobody to go to or talk to.. wow.. incredibly painful years of growing up. But then she survived her four attemps of suicide and for just being 20 years old, she is an incredibly experienced and strong person! Earns my highest respect for still walking on this planet!! and impressed me a lot with her being! (even if there were still troublesome moments where she took her distance..)
last night and this morning, when we seperated, there were some tears.. of course, how could it be otherwise. But still, I highly thank the universe for this precious gift I received!! she gave and tought me a lot and I hope for her as well, it was an non regrettable experience.

..during my time in Nazca, made friends with some locals, went playing football (totally sucked ;), eat delicious food and broaster-chicken (yummi!! :) --> still haven´t tried Cuy, but maybe won´t try it.. you don´t have to eat everything ;)

on our last day together (I extended my stay for one day ;) and we went to the cemetery.. this time being there early enough. Was quite interesting to see all these mummies and bones ;) they took out the guts and the brain and sometimes stuffed the body-hull with earth and wooden sticks (that´s all so super groce to me!!!) I wonder how they did that.. it´s like preparing a stuffed animal (not even this I would want to do ;)
and there was also a guy who met VonDaeniken in Person in the year 1974 :D haha ;) we talked about the wired alien-fanatic and why the Nazca-Lines not necessarely are a space-port :) haha ;)
there are nice little tornados (sand devils) forming in the desert during the day.. looks like mini-twister ;)
and I lit my flaming swords and they are AWESOME!!! :D burning about 2 minutes and being fun to play! just need a set of PVC tubes to store them in (in work, happens the next days as soon I find the materials ;)
about the lines: they are made from 300b.c. to 600 after Christ.. so over 900 years through many generations (they probably didn´t have anything else to do than drawing lines, combing their 2m50 long hair and mummificate their deads ;) hehe ;)
anyway.. through the special mix of minerals of this part of the desert, the lines don´t disappear (silicium..e.t.c.) and because of few rain and some thermal effect, they lasted for that incredibly long!! :)

..thought about of bringing Paula along to Cuzco (she would have come along..) but glad I didn´t.. many curves, long ride and got pretty freezing on the top of the mountains today.. so glad to be here on my own and reflect, process and update my blog.. (frees my mind as well).
in the beginning it´s all very brown/yellowish getting from Cuzco into the mountains (but looks nice with all the mountains and valleys) and then it turns into the Altiplano-Landscape that I know from Bolivia :) no trees, wide open view, not hundreds, but THOUSANDS of Alpacas along the road (looks like Lama, but smaller ;) feeding on some dry looking bushes of gras.. few cows, appearently no chicken, but lots of sheep. made about 330km today to Chalhuanca, where it´s a good place to stop between Nazca and Cuzco.

I decided out that I don´t want to enter Cuzco, but go directly to the town where the trains starts to Machu Pichu and figure out what is the most adventurous way to get to Machu Pichu and the cheapest way to do some hiking around there..

well.. 2hr30min in the internet.. got slight headache and logging out to get some food.. tonight just some TV and relax. Will hear soon from me.. probably randomly fill up the gaps tomorrow when I arrive at my destination ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment