Sunday, November 8, 2009

..New York.. New York.. :)

dear Mom and friends (as I heard, my Mom is the only active reading family member ;)

we arrived in NY 3 days ago and it's a lot colder here :-/ it's probably as Switzerland and Tunesia.. totally different climatic regions. but NY is cool!! staying here at Matt's place, a friend of Liz. I just got up, after spending the night on the couch in the living.. the to us designated room is unfortunately inhabited by bed bugs and poor Liz got bitten quite a lot in the first night. I didn't get a single bite, but I might have taken it better with my skin, because Liz got an allergic reaction to it, what made it a lot more itchy and painful.

hmm.. it's sunday and we gonna see, what we will do today.. it's sunny (and chilly) outside and we might ending up at Liz appartment (sublet at the moment) to store things that we don't bring to the Ukraine. I sorted yesterday quite a lot out and will have my backpack with me, stuffed with warm clothes :) ..yes.. despite the cold, the fact that I don't understand (or read) a single word Ukrainian, will be living 3 weeks with their parents and that eastern Europe has a depressive vibe, it might be very cool, to check that out.. there will be a Thanksgiving with diplomats and ambassadors from all over Europe (I got already a bottom down shirt and a tie ;) and there will be Sauna, cheap bear and chess and a taste of the balkan, getting a bit more into it's history..

I met already quite a lot of friends (and ex boyfriends ;) of Liz and they are all supercool! it's in fact, as I hoped.. getting to New York and having fun and meeting people out of Liz's earlier life (earlier = before we met ;)
I also think, staying here for a month in December will be a blast! the city is so cosmopolitan, many different people from different cultures come here together and to have the opportunity to live here for a couple of weeks is really cool! :)

that's it for the moment.. you'll hear from me wheter from here or the Ukraine :)

be blessed and have a blissful time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment