Saturday, November 14, 2009

..how the hell did I get here? :D

..so here I am in eastern Europe, in the Ukraine! :)

New York got better and better and I'm looking forward to go back.. I met many of Liz's friends and they are totally awesome!! will enjoy to be there for another ?? weeks.. probably be there for new year and then heading down to Mexico :)

yes.. so here's the story:

we flew over the ocean, having a 5 hour layover in Amsterdam, where we slept for a while on the cold stone floor, before we continued to Kiev. ..it was raining and pretty cold (could be colder though). I don't get a word of what people speak here and couldn't read the cyrilic stuff (more cryptic ;) hehe :) but it didn't take me long to "re-map" the letters.. some I'm still struggling with, but a "N" is a "I", the "R" a "G" the "P" an "R" the "X" a "CH" and so on.. and some letters are super weird, but it's fanny to try to read things.. I feel as in the first grade.. haha :D

we live here in the super luxury apartment of Liz's parents.. they have a cook and a driver, a fridge full of tasty food and I totally like it here! :) (Liz parents are super nice and I think, we really like each other :)

next to eating as the kings, we went out, walked through the streets and have visited the Chernobyl museum (happened April 1986 and is still the worst nuclear disaster ever happened on this planet). after more than 20 years, there are still 3800 people employed to maintain the situation (that no other disaster occurs, as I have understood it). I envy Liz for she visited the reactor the last time when she was here.. tours are expensive and you need even a special permit to go inside.. was also super VIP thing that she had :) B-A-D-A-S-S!! hehe ;)

oh yes.. and of course.. what brought us here.. the situation with traveling together.. looks as followed:

because Liz's parents aren't comfortable with having here traveling through the "dangerous" countries of South America, she will join me, once I got out of Colombia.

so I will drive my bike by myself down to Panama (eventually ship it from there back home) and get a car for South America. We will still be travelling for 6 month ++ ..so it's not all that bad :) I get some more time to ride my dragon and we will stay in contact over internet. If our love survives this (what I strongly assume), then we will spend the rest of the trip together and come then together to Switzerland. until Colombia, Liz will get a job and save some money for a ticket down and eventually for traveling (still not a criteria).

hmm.. now I go and join them in the living. you'll hear from me soon.. as it's super easy to get online here :D

No comments:

Post a Comment