Tuesday, February 8, 2011

..there`s nothing to see.. =!

..actually takes me just 3 days to get to Santiago, for there is an event I want to assist on Thursday and for speeding up a little bit, I`ll make it tomorrow Wednesday already. That`s not too bad, because you easily pay 20USD for a room :/

so on Saturday we went flying in the evening and the winds were REALLY strong, so two Swiss mates help me a good deal to get into the air (kite flew so many times around, dragging us behind :P and could stay in the air for some minutes and then while kinda being hovering in front of the edge and people turning above, I made the (wrong) decision to turn inwards and got pushed behind the edge, where I toplanded smoothly behind some flagpoles.. will not try that again ;) but then after another start 30 min more flying and landing close to the hostel.. learned something (especially not to launch in winds of 25km/h :P
then on Sunday another great 1h30min flight, thermaling up to 600m.a.s.l. and flying over the city, landing on the beach, all by myself!! YEEPPIIII! :D that was FANTASTIC! ..some white russians in the afternoon and a yummi BBQ in the evening (watching Superbowl.. a very wierd sport! ;)
then I cancelled the rental and nights.. they told me 1 full day and 2 half days = 2 full days (what made it really cheap and super fair!!) and 5 nights of 16USD.. I lived really cheap! :) glad I stayed for some days, because after this, places are not that relaxed as the fly-hostel.. (lot`s of space around for camping and green area and out of the city with splendid view! :)
I easily spend 30-40USD on gas a day when riding a lot (as the last two days) and sleeping also 20USD (for just room tonight) and yesterday 30USD to have nice bed and private bath and TV (to watch holy monday night MTV animations ;) that was also good! anyway.. drove both days over 600km, so I`ll have a good sleep ;) driving itself not too hard.. just lot`s of desert. I like a zillion times more Switzerland for it`s such a compact beauty! :D you can get everywhere so easily and beautiful Landscape.. even the Balsthal offers more than the last 1500km.. well, lot`s of coast, but since the war for the bird-shit is over, just few people spend their holidays camping on the beach.. not too spectacular and smelling quite a bit after the seeweed, drying or rotting in the sun.
then it seems that further down and the more to the sea, the vegetations changes from nothing to dry bushes and other plants that managed to survive in this dryness (it`s one of the or the driest place in the world I think :P ..at least feels like this to my nose and my lips, driving through the endless desert (no way to walk through it and I`ve seen some people doing it on a bike.. they must have too much time ;) hehe ;) it`s OK to have it seen and nice to say, "I crossed it" but I`ve seen more spectacular things in less time (Guatemala e.g.) and I really hope that below Santiago, it changes to something more that reminds Patagonia..
with the wind from the sea, I still needed a pullover and my nose is wether closed or running from the constant wind in my face (just from driving, but still 100km/h). I wish for a 6th gear and if I could drive 150km/h with that bike then I would do it.. the endlessly long, straight and in very good shape being roads, are easily to drive.. but yes.. tomorrow making a stop for a couple of days in Santiago to rest and relax and spend some time sozializing :) from there on I`ll see..
as the room tonight is utterly simple, I might just go out, see if I can get the the beach (or rocks at the sea) and have dinner and some drinks, before bedtime :)
well.. have to mention.. that yesterday when I hit the coast, 50km above Taltal (I nice and small, cute town as I imagined Iquique would be it.. lovely at the sea, perfect so spend a weekend with your girlfriend! :) ..so the last stretch was an oasis for my eyes, after a lot of dust and sandy hills! the last mountains falling off to 300m wide flat part and over an edge down to the cliffs and a road winding smoothly through it (driven in the light of the late afternoon :)
okay.. for my nose bothering me and shower needed, I logout and hear from me when in the capital of this country..
ahh.. haven`t seen too much of good local cuisine, as lots of restaurant sell hotdogs and sandwiches ;) hehe ;) they must be found along the whole 3500km down south ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment