Monday, February 21, 2011

..end of the road..

at least for me ;)

..I reached "El Bolson" and from here, I will turn around and make my way back to Bolivia..

well.. today was such an awesome, incredible day.. I felt, I could continue for another while ;) hehe ;) yes, I know, lot`s of changes.. but when I started this morning, it was cold and foggy in Chile and I had another time the idea, it could clear up on the other side (seemed improbable), and it actually did!!! :D just after passing the Chilean part and climbing a bit higher in the mountains (there are 40km between the two control posts), it cleared up and blue sky got visible and I had a great ride with just perfect temperatures!! :D I`ve also seen as many motorbike-travelers as on the whole way down (friendly greeting each other) and it made me feel real good again!! while there are many (hundreds every year crossing that pass I bet), I was the one that was riding on my own.. :D it went all through my mind again.. the whole trip, so long, so epic, so many kilometers driven and so many things seen and done and felt and experienced.. yes, truely the best two years of my life! (up to now ;) hehe ;) then also the landscape turned into that, what I expected when I wanted to drive through Patagonia.. down here the nature and the smells remind me Alaska and Canada again :) ..the whole ambient turned less hostile here in Argentina ;) not only the weather, but also no pollums in the air.. makes riding even more pleasant!! :D

then had still some problems today with the bike, but made it down here and got a dealership adress on the way up.. I`ve seen so many BMWs today, there must be some shops around ;) hehe ;)
also seen many bicycle riders.. tough guys.. it`s good exercise, but since I started in Alaska, I`d never have changed my BMW for a pushbike ;) just takes forever and I needed the time to make some stops and accomplish some projects.

getting into Argentina was a piece of cake! :) there are so many bikes crossing that boarder, it was more than routine for the guy.. didn`t even check my frame number ;)
So I want to take some pictures riding north.. I passed mountains, forests, lakes.. very Swiss-like ;) I hope I get many more of these days (well.. can`t complain.. even having had some rough hours, I also had plenty of nice riding hours! :)

so then getting here found a place for 20 USD with breakfast (bearable) and got plans for the next 2-3 days.. will be hiking in the mountains and stay in mountain-shelters (hostals), so don`t need so much water and food and tent.. the good thing is, they charge just 12.5 USD a night (so really cheep), but the sleepy rental of the outdoor shop here is 10 USD a day :( so it`s not so cheap in the end.. I thought, should have just taken sheets and blankets from my hostal down here (they have matress to sleep on) would have been cheaper :P but anyway.. payable. the very one expense for doing such things without having them planned out (and I don`t regret I haven`t brought my camping gear from Honduras down to save the 20 bucks ;) but I`m sure after 5 days buying it is cheaper ;) ..if it would be astronaut-space-super-small-and-light.. but nah.. just a regular sleepy :P
so well.. tomorrow hiking action and then 2000km north. Bought a good map here.. gas is cheaper (still.. a bit more than 1USD/ltr) and food seems also to be very tasty (and loooooots of meat!! :D HARR!! looking forward to that!
that`s it.. getting my shopping done and packing for tomorrow and then into the nature again! :D
hear from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment