Friday, February 25, 2011

..back in the race! :D

well.. first things first.. I just got the good news, that my bike is running fine again and it completely makes my day! (going out tonight might be a surplus ;) hehe ;) the only thing about is.. was not BMW to blame but me :P ..when I asked, what was the problem, he hold me my improvised battery cable in front of my face and I was not too surprised.. good it was just that.. bad, I could have fixed it by myself (having caused the error anyway in first place), by checking the battery.. but just checked the panel, because I thought that the alternator would close the electric circuit while running, so the battery can`t be the problem.. well.. seems it was, but so in just 10-20% of the time, I was actually worrying about the problem, it has been fixed and inclusive washing and checking tyres and brakes and chaintension, was just about 65 bucks.. not too much for a BMW dealership ;) now I have to change oil and filter, but this better on my own, because a lot cheaper not buying the original BMW oil and so on.. will do that tomorrow.
and for having passed by at the shop, I got now a ride-worthy track from here to Bolivia, while the helpful girl (also biker) working there was telling me, what NOT to miss in Argentina ;) :) ..it`s quite a lot, so I can have another 14 full days of riding (guesstimated) and for making some stops, will be busy for another little while here ;) ..and if it`s true and bike working fine as before, I will enjoy all the dirtroads and little tracks and being the dragonrider again! :D

so much about my bike..

then I really went hiking.. managed to make that 3-day hike in just 2 days with going to all sightseeing spots ;) I was destroyed afterwards!! and still feel the challenge, but enjoyed!! it`s not scenic all the way, but nice forests to walk through and quite some climp to the glacier! :) ..also had a bottle of wine for each day and had great fun!!! ;D (..my mom taught me: "wasser macht weise und froehlich der wein, drum trinke sie beide um beides zu sein!".. I call it walk`n`wine ;) there will be some pictures of that hike! :)
meeting people here, some think, I`m from chile (what makes me proud of my appearently not too strong accent ;) and others congratulate me to my bad-ass trip :) ..but actually, I was not too much in talking about that.. I don`t know.. if you travel for so long, you really do it for yourself. So what else than "holy shit" would I expect to hear, if I tell somebody that I made it from Alaska to here on two wheels? ;) (it`s also what I say to myself, but I`m facing now another turn around of this trip.. that it`s ending soon :( so I need new ideas and destinies (probably Brazil with backpack ;) to not just give up my traveling spirit! ;)

by the way, the sleepy was well worth the 10 USD, because it held me perfectly comfy and warm! and I met some nice poeple at the mountain-refuge.. life is pretty simple there, but the owners make home made bread and artesanal beer and I was happy to find shelter and food after a very long day of walking!
down in town I went to some magical-garden, where the Merlin and the Unicorn were the most impressive things, while the fairies should have looked cuter and most of the critters were some kind of goblin, but more hobbit and I missed a Minotour and a Griffin in an epic battle! ;) hehe ;) ..so don`t go.. not really worth the 5 USD entry.

then there is a big market with hand-made stuff.. really beautiful things!! but for not having space and even less purpose for that stuff, I didn`t get anything. Probably not the cheapest place to buy it anyway ;)
met some other jewelry-selling travelers from Argentina and even if I say, I could also travel with selling this stuff, I actually think I really don`t want to do that! :/ I`ve chosen my path.. but living with nothing on the street is not the experience, I want to make soon. Some people may just see the world and live a humble life, but others may get pretty much oportunists and when I gave more than 50% of the money he needed for a beer and he asked me for more, I didn`t have a lot of compassion and felt pitty for his miserable life, where he can`t even drink a beer when he desires.. but anyway.. it`s interesting to make different experiences with different people and in the end, I wasn`t better, because also got pretty bored being around these folks..

then a beautiful ride from El Bolson to Piedra de los Aguilas.. and because I started late, got the nice sunset-light for riding, but got also pretty cold and was soooo happy to have found a place to stay for the night. Had a super tasty, exquisit piece of meet and half a jar of house made red wine and it was the very taste, I was missing, since I left Argentina years ago! :)
then today there were 300km not very spectacular scenery.. and could have saved it by connecting that battery cable in the first place ;) but now I know bike is all fine and got ideas where to drive through.. so taking off from here very soon with lots of desires for riding!!! :D

okay.. heading out for party! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment