Wednesday, October 27, 2010

..blowing with the wind.. :)

hmmm.. that were quite some changing days :)
I spent the last night with my friends, chilling in Christians room and this almost until 5am :P ;) and we talked about a lot of stuff.. was a nice evening (better than just watching TV ;) and talked about making fire-toys and kiting the next day, so I really was about to stay a day more! :)
then the next day at noon, when we were supposed to meet up, Christian told me that tired and hangover and so on, but I already checked out the hardware store and would have been quite pissed, if he would not have sold me some kevlar-rope, I needed for my creation. Funny.. after I lost my other ones after almost never using them, I already got something new heavy with me to carry around (and to present time not even lit yet ;P ..so with a bit of genious, I made the first version of my fireswords :) they turned out a bit heavy and unbalanced and maybe won´t burn very long (just thin kevlar jacket), but they will to for a start (version 2 is already in mind and will be realized in Switzerland :D
then I learned to make a monkey knot (picture in the internet and youtube tutorial! :) haha :D just memorized it and can now transform every rope in a waepon, by tying such a knot in the end. Looks like a ball and is perfect to make a fire-meteor! :D ..but unfortunately, I don´t have any non-burning-rope and the one I made with normal rope is so hard, it would be dangerous to practice just for fun with it ;) I rather use my soft meteor and can go crazy with it! :D ..got quite better at it!! :D new moves and more precise handling :)
then the night I felt not hanging out with these people again, because would have been the same thing and I thought, may be good to move further down. Still 1100km to go to Lima. So packed all my stuff, got all my goods ready :) and had a good sleep and breakfast the next day to move further South.
the first 140km I already knew from coming up, but then it turned into a different world! :) reminded me of Tattooine and I was flying on my Pod-Racer through the desert. No Sandpeople tough trying to snipe me and no second sun in the sky ;) but it´s fun to drive through the desert! ..nomans land.. wasteland.. hahaha ;)) :D
could also be out of Mad Max.. destroyed cars off the road and simple dirt hutts along the way, especially as I almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere :P ..for being very flat and straight and no curves, was going up to 110km/h, what uses a LOT more of gas, together with strong winds that make me my viser have closed. I stopped and asked some police patrol in the desert and they would have gladly helped me out, but some system in their car prohibits to take gasoline out (I guess why ;) hehe ;) but then luckily a lady along the way sold gas, poured in a one-gallon-plastic-cup and into my tank :)
if sand, wind and terrain match, then incredible things get born.. there were dozens of horse-shoe-formed sand dunes moving over a flat plane. Streets don´t get flooded here, they get sanded :) looks also very wicked, when sand particles are blown over the road, dancing on the asphalt :)
I started with blue sky and then it turned grey at noon and opened up later in the afternoon.. it´s so much nicer to drive with blue sky!! :)
but then at about 4pm, when the sun stands lower, it becomes incredibly chilly!! handgrip-heaters on lvl 2 and every zipper closed and still having cold wearing a pull-over. There is so much cold air blown in from the sea, that even at the beach it get´s cold in the night (looking forward to Cuzco ;) well, gonna buy some warm clothing here and a poncho! :) haha :D and after this, I will put two more layers in my gear, then I should be fine. ..it´s just cold ;) can handle that :)
I first thought to stop at a place along the way, but when I saw the city, I felt like moving on.. then staying two nights at this other place and checking out the ruins. So in the end I was really happy to arrive at this place and asked for the hostal, that my friend recommended me. ..was OK for a night, but for almost nobody staying there (just a few couples), I missed cable TV in the end, read then but something nice from the Dalai Lama :) but same.. going out.. don´t expect too much (especially not an overkill as in Mancora), but a bit of a vibe would have been nice.. yeah.. Mancora: there are for sure precious jewels of wonderful people amongst the masses, but also a lot of tourits, ignorants and idiots :P one of the places where people rope-tear for money :P nahh.. was really time to make a move!
so I figured out that even for somebody a place was best in a country, for somebody else probably isn´t.. because everything changes and we are all living different things. Had dinner by myself :P and the lasagna was not even veggie as ordered :/ but I just thought: you guys can be happy I´m no veggie and I would not want to complain and wait again ;) very easy going ;)
then the ruins this morning did also not super-stun me.. some walls in the sand with other walls and places inside. A lot of work to restore, but not as nice as stone built temples in the jungle.. would be good for paintball tough! ;) haha ;) but OK.. people I ran randomly into were very nice and friendly! :)
Then I had another covered and pretty chill start at 11am until 2pm in the afternoon, when it opened up.. I really like riding in the desert! just see that I get enough gas ;) hehe ;) but the bike runs fine, very reliable and fun to ride! :) just a lot of sand (what makes me my viser have closed most of the time) and cold winds.. need a scarf! :) this is gonna be a good investment! :D
but all the wide open space and mountains, covered partly with sand, leaving trippy textures everywhere! :) ..figured also out, that I will continue South from Lima to Nazca, because I want to see the Nazca-Lines! :D so probably more desert along the way! ;) hehe ;)
then there was a lot of roadwork along the way, sometimes waited and sometimes just asked to let me pass (as I got a bike and can bail out and go through the barriers ;) and yes, they let me go.. everything super nice!
gas costs 50% more than in Ecuador and for using about 25% more gas, it makes it a 62.5% more costly to ride through Peru, but it´s still not too much of a deal.. but probably spending more here on gas than accomodation ;)
so I almost, almost made it to safety, when I learned a very important thing: Police has nasty radar-devices here :P
so having cold and wanting nothing more than arrive, I get stopped by the police.. on the highway. But they told me there is a sign telling 60km/h (nobody anyway cares about speed limits here :P and I was probably 80km/h
so stop, show papers and licence and he asks me, where I´m from.. me: Switzerland and he says: "Oh, Switzerland.. " and I think, once more saved by the bell (because it´s mostly good to be from Switzerland ;) ..but he says: I have to confiscate your papers and send them to the embassy.. :P yaya.. super complicate.. of course, must happen along the Panamericana. So I tell to show me written how much the fine will be and because he couldn´t do that, I was.. "you know, let´s go to the police station and I´ll explain my case and we talk it out" .. so finally I said: Option Number 1: you let me go and I apologize and drive slower .. Option Number 2.. and here he already turned around to talk to his friend, while I was shouting "I´d appreciate!" :) and coming back, handing me out my documents and let me go.. phew.. that was really close. I don´t think they should (or have to) send my documents anywhere and I´m not so easy to rip off on the road. Would have faced to pay a fine, but once it was probably anyway not about a fine (paperwork) more some extra non-factory cash ;)
I´ll spend the week-end (and halloween :) in Lima and then ride down and into the mountains to Cuzco, do some more-day-trek and check out ruins (getting in for free if possible ;) and then to Bolivia.. but even not delaying along the way, it will take 2-3 weeks..
hear soon from me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment