Sunday, October 24, 2010

..I like Peru! :)

so before I leave my first destination in Peru, I´ll post a few lines here..

riding along the coast is pretty nice! Well, took until noon to have clear sky, but the blue above and the blue of the see, touching at the horizon do give a nice contrast to the yellow sand and stone of the dry stretch along the coast.
I´ll have about three days of riding to get to Lima and will stay a few more nights on the beach, before hitting the mountains again :)

Peru is really nice! Policemen are waving friendly along the road and even getting in this country was super chill! didn´t cost a single dollar, they even made the copies themself (normally I have to go to a copy-shop ;)
The food here is very good and even if more expensive than non-touristy places, it doesn´t ruin me ;) for 7 dollar you fill your stomach with lot´s of tasty things! :)
then on the other hand, I´m already done with the place.. was awake for 36 hours then slept for 12 hours and repeated the whole thing again, because there was a lot of party and after party and so on.. :) these places are predestined to be lived this way. It´s OK, normally start a country this way by going to a place like that and resupplying for the rest. Then I´m fine and the continuation is more quiet.
I met some good people that are helping me out here and we spent quite a while together, having lots of fun! :)
didn´t meet anybody super special though, so not too much hold me back here.. jumping on my bike and riding on, for there are many more places I want to see Peru :)
I guess, I missed out on kite-surfing :-/ would have been payable, but for I just was going out with friends, I missed the oportunity. Looks really fun!! :) but then it would also be a very local thing and along my trip would not have lot´s of oportunities to practice and especially not being back in Switzerland. So it´s Ok.. another day! ;) hehe ;)
then going on this full moon party, I took my fire-fans and two silver contact balls with me and managed to get it stolen in the night :`( *sniff*
well.. got the small ball back, but the big one is gone and I´m on my last set of balls (brought a lot of spare stuff with me) and can´t afford to lose one anymore (or getting it too scratched or broken). Probably will get bags for them and find a system I can take care of them! :)
the fire-fans though are not really easy to replace.. they were 100 USD each and even if they were pretty old, they still served well. I guess, I´ll have to get new ones in Switzerland or even make them myself (so no more practice for the next 9 month). but also have to say that I didn´t use them too much, not even that very night (that´s why their treachery is almost justified). One less thing to carry around and if I´ll get new ones, I´ll use them for sure more (or don´t get them in the first place). ..glad I got all the rest of my (more used) stuff :)
hmm.. so the roads are good here (motorbikes don´t pay! =D just the gas is waaay more expensive in Peru (probably double price?) but still cheap compared to Switzerland ;)
living in general is cheap and I´m sure I will spend about only half of what I spend normally squandering along my trip ;) hehe ;)
here a lot of dead animals are brought to the beach with the tides.. I´ve seen three Pelicans and a Sea-bear (pretty big animal), without teeth, because those have been scavenged already by a local artesania-guy ;) hehe ;) heard also a Dolphin was found a few days ago. So if you do handycraft, then you can get cheap raw-materials here from local people :)
had a Ceviche here (raw fish with lots of lemon and onion and spicy) and really liked it! (the last one, when I tried that the first time, I swore to never enter a Cevicheria again ;) but was really good! like to taste local food, especially when it´s fresh sea-food while being at the beach :)
so met a few random people and can tell you that I would not get old in a place like that.. even to sell bracelets and jewelry seems a pain in the ass to me (because you have to sell where there are a lot of tourists and lots of competition). Aaaahh.. really appreciate to get my paycheck by end of the month for doing some 8 hours office job! :D haha ;)
OK.. going out to be in the sun again! :) have not been bathing in the sea yet, but made some excercises on the beach. More like to be at the water then jumping in by myself (even if playing with the waves can be fun for a moment ;)
the typical Peruanian dogs here are super ugly (look like big rats ;) because having just a few single hair on their skin :P eventually get a picture of one ;)
so I´m fine.. recovering from the week-end and soon being back on the road again :)
hear from me further down..

No comments:

Post a Comment