Friday, July 23, 2010

HOLY COW!!! ..it´s happening!!

oh my f**king god.. you wouldn´t belive what crazy experience it is to jump out of a plane at 13500ft hight.. *MUHAHAHA*

so well.. first I was waiting for 5 hours until they started sending people and sent me up with the last flight.. but had some nice conversations and checked out the skydiving school.. I really like it! :D well.. Giancarlo, the big man on the place is not the type of "you´re my super best friend" but he complies with what we were talking about and I was jumping anyway with one of his instructors.. awesome guy!!

so let me tell you about this.. first of all, the bad news is that they only work on weekends, but the good news is that I can make the whole course this weekend! :D ;) so for once I had a really good timing to arrive on Thursday and have my first tandem jump on Friday to make the rest of the nine jumps on Saturday and Sunday :D

first I was a bit overwhelmed.. it´s my first jump ever and you´re supposed to make a lot of stuff in the air and pull the chute by yourself, but was REALLY cool!

so guess what.. it was not perfect, but it was remarkably good what I did in the air, so tomorrow instead of a second tandem jump I got my own chute and two instructors holding me in the air ;) was an anxious feeling standing in the plane, backdoor open, plane in an upward angle and you not attached to anything.. but then sit on the instructors lap ;) and get attached to the guy with the chute ;) walking together to the door, facing inside the plane then it starts:
Instructor ready? "ready", strech your legs, then bend your knees and jump backward, making the "arc" (pushing your pelvis down to be stabilized in the air).
then I was for a few seconds just "holy fuck.. you´re freefalling over the beach", but didn´t take long to get my thougths straight and the drill kicked in: checking altimeter - make three theoretical pulls of the chute (just touching the instructors hand on the activation ball) - check altimeter - make 360° turn left - check altimeter - make 360° turn right - check altimeter - wait for 6000ft - continously watching altimeter until 5500ft then sign activation of parachute and grap the ball for real and "weeeeeeee!" hanging in the air - check parachute correctly open - watch left - turn left to check maneuvrabilty - same right side - then pull both lines to break - chute working fine, heading direction dropzone and maintain correct hights and positions (all pretty easy to learn ;) just some number and marks.

it was so fantastically super thrilling!!!! that I felt so happy, to already have started this course! :D MUHAHAHAHA!!! jajaja.. badass Markus.. another expensive hobby to spend money on ;) hihihih :)
but yes.. it´s really, really cool! and I´m pretty pround on my first performance.. didn´t even know how it feels to fall (your cheeks are looking funny in the wind ;) and this is why I can do so many things in my life: willpower, focus and concentration! to react on new situations.
I beg this would be a fantastic manager-training (better than swimming with sharks ;) to test and improve your mental abilities.

compared to paragliding you don´t stay for a long time in the air but you jump out of a plane (sweeeeeeet!). So for both sports being so totally different, I want to make the paraglide license as well ;) skydiving is the adrenaline junkie sport! :D then steering your chute is not really complicated and for equipment got so much better over the years it´s just your cockyness that can kill you (so always keep the respect for it!).
but then it´s as diving.. you get a license in 2-3 days, but then you have to practise. I mean, it´s no rocket science and you can learn all you have to know easily, but then you have to practise to gain experience.

so this is definitively a WOW-thing of my trip! :D just a shame, that it will cost me a lot of money if I want to get to the 200 jump mark to start with wingsuits ;) hihihihi :) jajaja..leveling up over time I guess ;)

that´s it for now.. gonna let you know how the next two days are.. looking forward to tomorrow. it´s gonna be FULL ON! :D

hear from me soon.. "weeeeeeeeeee!" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment