Friday, March 5, 2010

..from Lanquin to Flores..

hi there :D

had quite some great days lately and keeping it up with my blog ;)

I enjoyed the time in Lanquin.. visited Semuk Champai, went swimming with a candle in caves, jumped down a freaky hole, floated down the river for a while and saw some awesome natural pools, all in one day (the most made excursion in Lanquin).
the last 11km are dirtroad and pretty nasty to drive, but an Enduro takes it all ;) hehe :)
on the way, I unfortunately rolled over a dog.. :((( first roadkill after 25000km and I just couldn't brake. I figured it out later and I guess it's the back tyre I have.. the profile is already partly eaten up and it's more and offroad tyre that doesn't really grip on asphalt and makes my ABS interfering a lot (but not having ABS would make it more dangerous). So well.. I adapt my speed to this new condition and I won't be riding that much more on roads until I get to Utila.. there will be 6 weeks of just riding in town and then when I get to Nicaragua, I will see that I get another tyre.. I think this one anyway won't last very long :-/ but it's at least perfect for the stuff that I want to do here around in Tikal..
but yes.. back to Lanquin.. I did also some zip-line, where you have a harnish and jump of trees, along metal wires, kinda "flying" over the tree tops :D ..it's quite expensive (for here) considered how short the fun is, but once there was not too much more to do in Lanquin, I'm glad I checked it out :)
then I had awesome all-you-can-eat buffets in the evening, enjoyed hot sauna and jumped in the cold river inbetween the sessions :D had a neat, cozy room with big bed and could even share it with somebody after my wish sent to the universe had been fulfilled ;)
yes, I would have left 2 days earlier, but I met Lissa, a fellow traveler with whom I share a lot! was healing and inspiring to give and receive in such a way and I feel blessed to have had such a person in my life!! we went hiking and talked about a lot of things..
I had a great time in "El retiro", this popular place in Lanquin.. must be good Karma that people like you and you just start making friends and having a good time! :D
so also my birthday turned out to be really fun!! :) there was even some fireworks for me and the bar had special Happy Hour until midnight and the crowd got pretty drunk ;) hehe :) really enjoyed the vibe! I'm glad I was not just somewhere on the road but in a enjoyable place!

..so after some moments of magical beauty and fullfillment, I moved on to Flores, Tikal. Here there are a lot of sunken ruins and I will find out today, which ones I should visit.. there is a 5 day hike to the biggest pyramid and I want just to drive there (see if I get a permit or just do it :D ..while people walk 2 days each way and spend 1 day there I will just hopp in and then stay for 2-3 days.. cheaper, more adventurous, more awesome!! :D haha :D
it's great to have a bike!! yesterday driving here it was the whole day covered but at least not raining. In the morning I got into fog (or clouds) while getting out of the valley I stayed in.. once more, glad to have some horsepower to move my stuff up the mountains ;)

today I want to make a plan where to go and organize some stuff.. supplies for the trip and walking around in Flores (small island on this lake here and really looking.. old town style). I still have time until 22nd to be on Utila.. probably a few days early to get my bike shipped over and to organize a place to stay on the island. So that's why I want to spend a good amount of time around here.. having an Enduro bike in Tikal is the shit!! :D haha ;)

you will hear from me in the next days.. have also some pictures to upload (before my cam dies entirely ;)

hugs and blessings to all of you!!! may you enjoy your life as much as I enjoy the mine!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment