Saturday, March 13, 2010

All done! :)

hiho out there :)

tomorrow I will journey on to Rio Dulce and I think the day after, I'll be already in Honduras (looking forward to some change and to less mosquitos ;)
I fixed the stuff of my bike and found some missing bolt, that I replaced with something that I found here in a small home depot store :D hope it holds for a while ;)
made a pretty good job and only a strange noise exists at a certain RPM, but might be a loose part.. will have 2-3 days to test the reliability of this bike again, until I get to Utila.
I met a Japanese girl and we went out camping a night in Tikal (well, outside the ruins in the official camping). But if it would have been full moon, I might have spent the money to bribe the people to camp on the ruins (everything is possible here in Guatemala.. even has a standardized price ;) we wanted to enter in the middle of the night, but didn't hear the alarm.. maybe better, like this the daytrip was after a good rest.
Was not too much about the ruins but more the beautiful nature, good company and all the wildlife we've seen on our way.. there were a lot of humming birds (a tree full of them!! :) and it was wonderful to watch these little birds that hover in the air :) we've seen spider monkeys and tucans (they look really beautiful!) and my encounter of the day was a tarantula that I hold in my hands and climbed up my arm (soooooo totally wicked!!!!! I always wanted to do that and really like these big hairy beasts! :D
we met an Austrian couple that rides a Honda Goldwing with a trailer from Argentina to the states.. their full load weight is 1100kg (that's so super crazy! ;) probably the first and last people in my life who make the trip like that.. I'm so happy to be on a pretty easy handable bike where you don't have to be mechanic to keep it going ;)
today I will be busy with packing and maybe find materials for a didgeridoo.. and then in the afternoon chilling on the roof and playing guitar :)
have a great day as well and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment