Tuesday, August 17, 2010

..time´s flying by..

phew.. that were quite some take offs and landing I had here in the last seven days, and I´m not only taking about paragliding ;) hehe :)
the weather seems to have changed for good and I hope I can spend a good ammount of time in the air during the next days. Having 14 flights and about 3hrs of airtime now (could be more, but was also a lot of partying ;) and some days where we couldn´t fly.
Here was a very nice electro party on the weekend, just around the corner.. was AWESOME!!! haha! :D having best times ever here (a good thing to say, because "best times" can only result out of the present moment.. means I´m keeping it up with my joy of life ;) :)) We met a Dj from Argentina in the street the day before and made friends. So when we showed up, he was just about to get in and took us in for free! :D even with access to the VIP area that totally rocked by being in front of the stage and having more space for dancing :) so it were wonderful moments spent together with a wonderful girl and enjoying most beautiful energies! :)

hmm.. yes.. that´s probably it. I wouldn´t know what more to tell you, exept I´m having best times ever here and learn how to paraglide ;) hehe :)
so I guess I will hit Patagonia on January and not in December and will have to speed up a little bit along the way. Here I will start in about 10 days to two weeks. ..it´s hard to say (even harder to think about :/ but the trip continues)
so no worries about me ;) safe and sound on a mystic mountain in the middle of mountains :)

wishing you all the best and life on! :)



P.S. oh yeah.. about flying through the skies ;) to me the most tricky thing is to manage your "fuel" (the altitude) while flying around. Turns slow you down, letting you loose altitude, so just turn when you feel the upwind from a thermal. But because you don´t see them and accumulations of birds (indication for thermals) suddenly disappear, you have to make it still back to the LZ (Landing Zone). But then the landing and putting your feet back on the ground is not so hard.. just wait for the right timing and make a flare (or pumpy flare) and slow down your speed. Then flying in the air is also tricky.. can get a bit shaky up there and your supposed to lean in a direction and maintain the controls. It might also happen that a wingtip collapses for a short moment.. it´s auto recovery and you can anticipate it and react to it.. so it´s a lot of flying experience you have to get. But then I heard about an SIV course in Ecuador, where they show you how to recover and throw an emergency chute and all that stuff over water in a safe environment. Kinda like these courses for driving cars where you learn how to slide and recover. So I´d like to go for it and get some expercience about what to do if you have a collapse in the air. ..ok.. now of for lunch :D

No comments:

Post a Comment