Monday, August 23, 2010

..the end is nigh..

..the thought brings a bitter taste of melancholy, but in one week from now on, I will continue my way down South. Yes.. good-byes are always hard, but they bring room for other growth. I think, I´ll need at least seven riding days to get to Ecuador and stopping a bit along the way will delay me until mid of September to cross the boarder. But I will enjoy the time here in Colombia.. shouldn´t be sad, if I don´t stop in a place for longer; had this just enough. Maybe I shouldn´t think too much about the schedule of my trip ;) Maybe I´ll be late to get all the way down, but I don´t intend to do that anyway.. it could be too cold or snowy, if I get there, but I´ll see.. I´ll figure it all out, but living here in the present and letting the future come :) Was all very Epic on this trip.. and it´s starts getting better and better.. I´m a skydiver and paragliding pilot ;) and have all the reason to be truely happy (or to keep heading at least direction true happiness ;) I had, have and will have incredible times on this trip.. seeing, experiencing and living things, I´ve never dreamed off, I never new they existed or they could be achieved along the way. Well.. glad, I took off, headed out and went exploring this world! Even if it was just for making groceries or going to town, I was happy to have a ride and made it safely with my passenger through the streets of Bucaramanga! :) (already got some sense for driving in this town :)

this morning we went over to another site.. finally a lot of hassle for a 10 minute flight (others flew even less) because just weak thermals and (as I can say now) much more of a Pro site. But anyway.. next to the folding up twice the canopy, it was a more spectacular launch and the fun of flying along new mountains with the special pleasure to land in a football stadium! :D that I have to admit, is pretty wicked! :)) ..now at the basecamp again, waiting for the gas, so I can make some pasta and hoping for some nice ridge soaring and top landing in the afternoon. I feel still super newbie, exept for they give me a paper now that should let me fly in other places ;) but no worries.. I´ll pick my sites for sure carefully.. some fun soaring along ridges, where wind is constant and given at a certain hour.. just the easy and fun stuff.. because otherwise you end up packing your glider in a very remote place with a long hike :/ even weak and disappearing thermals can shorten the fun to a few minutes. But let´s see what sites are there in South America :) I heard about some good dune soaring in Chile.. will for sure check it out! :)
here my friend had some tree and bush landings (it´s more forgiving than you think, exept the time and effort it takes to free the canopy and the 1001 lines ;) haha ;))
so better head for the landing zone, even if you´re doomed there to go down because of no upwind than getting too greedy and finally loosing too much altitude to make it there (and then maybe take the wrong decision to try it..) all about making the right decision at the right moment (what needs a lot of experience). But I now feel I mastered the Earth, the Sea and the Air ;) ..for fire there didn´t come a lot to my mind yet ;) hehe :) but yes.. nice to feel comfortable with these elements, as my Dad is as well.. even flew sailing planes and can drive trucks and steer boats :)

Ok.. the gas arrived! :D
will later on update my pictures online (my cam is so broken, made me trouble to access it :( having a new one soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment