Monday, August 9, 2010

..from falling to flying.. :)

yes.. some days have been passed and I was just too busy to update my blog :D
so here I am, in the mountains of Bucaramanga (the hostel and fly site have a stunning view onto the city.. beautiful day and night! :)

so the ride back here was pretty long (another 15 hours in a bus) and then there was still this blocked road and we had to walk a good 40 minutes, before an army truck picked us up to bring us to the end of the waiting line of cars. I heard, they didn´t fix it, because some people got money (bribes) by letting trucks pass through the night :P would make sense and would be a shame, because so many people getting delayed and economy loosing money just because somebody wants to make some profit. So yes.. this landslide consisted over two weeks..
then lucky me, on the other side, there was a guy making some money by bringing people directly to Cucuta.. (no extra bus and public transportation). Paid the exit-fee for Venezuela ;) and got a new stamp from Colombia. Changed my money and got my bike (everything was still there! :) now having a new helmet that I got in Caracas.. better this way, the old one was sitting too loose. Well.. actually, I think helmets are cheaper here in Colombia :-/ but who could know that :P

then I had a 4-5 hour ride over this big mountain, back to Bucaramanga.. was a nice ride, exept at a certain point I drove into clouds and got a bit of rain (and had to activate my heated handle grips ;) hehe :) the view tough was very beautiful and I enjoyed the ride.. having some chicken rice soup and a coffee along the way for one dollar :)
with a bit searching, I found the hostel of Richi (the guy with the paragliding school) and stayed there for a night. I finally found out that this licence I´m making here is NOT valid in Switzerland, but as it brings me skill and experience, as it´s a lot of fun and can be used further down on this trip and maybe another time in another place (that´s not CH ;) ..and then above all, I met Myle again, a girl that I know from Taganga.. we just met a night going out and shared some incredible, electrifying kisses together! ;) changed emails and yes.. found ourselves again here in Bucaramange. This wonderful, breath taking beauty gives me so much love and care that I don´t think of leaving this place very soon ;) hehe :) well.. I´m still on my trip, but it could not be better than learning about paragliding, enjoying wonderful Colombia and being in love with a girl that could be miss Colombia! ;) I must get spoiled by being with her, but as a good friend once told me: never reject what universe offers you! :D
so since I´m here I got the rest of my stuff from the other hotel and moved to the mountains (20 min outside from the city place) and started to learn about paragliding.. handling of the glider, inflation, meteorology.. and I´m doing quite well! :D today I think, I gonna fly and learn how to land (I´m very confident about this, because I know landing with a parachute.. so flaring shouldn´t be a problem to me :) Looks like a lot of fun being up there on your own, crusing through the skies! I now also get the picture of this sport.. instead of hanging in a harness, you´re sitting in a comfy chair having way more sophisticated controls than a parachute has. It´s really interesting to learn about all this.. what your gear consists of, how you have to check the equipment and a lot of muscle-memory things you have to learn. I can also grasp now the vibe of kite surfing.. and it remembers me my childhood, when I used to have a kite. But this is by far the greatest application of a kite.. a kite that big that you can hang on to it and it takes you up in the skies!! :D HAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT!! ..once you´re into these light flying devices, you might also hear about delta gliders.. they are much faster and more dangerous (as it seems to me ;) it´s the adrenaline version of paragliding.. but I think, I won´t get that far.. it´s not that I have to be able to maneuvre every device mankind invented ;) but to be able to fly and land a paraglider is a "must" for me :)
then there was the birthday party of Richi the last friday.. lot´s of people came.. good party!!! :) made some firespinning, met local artists and had a great time with my girlfriend!! :))) well.. at a certain point her ex showed up and we had to displace (they were together for quite a while and he isn´t completely over it.. but they had the deal she goes out on Friday and he on Saturday.. so kinda lame he showed up :( anyway.. we made a move and ended up in the mountains on the other side of the valley. Some honeymoon castle close to a waterfall and natural swimming pools (with cooool water ;) but being a very nice place with kind people giving us a good treat. What more could you want than spending 24hrs with miss Colombia in such a place ;) hehe :) aaahh.. lucky me!!
the ride there and back was a bit challenging.. two people on the bike and some muddy, sliding parts, but we didn´t fall and the bike didn´t fail (my cooling systems finally works fine again! :D and it was waaaaay better than walking there and back (lazy me ;) ..maybe you´ll find a tagged picture of me and her on FB :) it´s totally perfect here.. as I told you.. being in love and flying through the clouds (not just literally, but for real! :D hahaha!! yes.. LIFE IS GREAT!! best times ever in Colombia! (just for those who think, traveling could bet boring after a year ;) hehe :)

now I´m getting ready for my flight today.. hear from me soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment