Wednesday, May 12, 2010

..Ometepe, Volcano Island..

Hi there :)

I´m here in San Juan del Sur, after I took the ferry over to the island of Ometepe (looks really nice with it´s two volcanos) and drove around to the more remote side close to a place called "Balague" where I stayed two nights at a coffee farm with accommodations. I hoped to run into a friend that I met Saturday night and even if she was in other things, we still felt our deep connection as when we met the first time in Semuk Champai, Guatemala. She and her companion just showed up after two days when I was about to leave and so only the stars know, if our paths will cross again (I really hope so!! sending out secret wishes to the universe)
I had to sort many things out in my head and didn´t feel too connected to the few other people that were around, but I guess, sometimes you have phases like that to process past experiences.
I hiked on the volcano Madera and did so in about half the time most people need to climb it ;) also didn´t take a guide along, because I really just wanted to be with myself, no guide, no big groups.. just me and the volcano ;) after half the way, you get into the cloud that forms around the top during the day.. so it becomes wet and a bit slippery, bigger rocks instead of a earth and roots. then you descend from the crest into the crater, where there is a small lagoon with about 200m diameter. It first was so foggy that I couldn´t see 20m out in the water, but then opened up a bit to take a picture showing the other side of it and it was all in all a really good hike, helping me solving some stuff and good excercise! :)
in the evening I tagged along with a multinational guy and two girls from Montreal to have a nocturne swim in the lake! :) was really nice! it´s pretty warm (because of it´s green-brownish color and the stars were shining lovely above :)
I realized in these days that some past things should remain past and that I should focus more on the way before me. I wished, I would have realized this long ago, but I guess it just takes time mostly to do so and I hope I advanced finally having freed myself from these things.

was riding then to the port, getting on the ferry again (it takes 1 hour to get to the mainland and it was cheap to bring the bike along and they attached it as well really good on the boat :)
yesterday I arrived in San Juan del Sur, checked a surfing beach (want to go surfing today! :) and drove to the boarder, walking over to Costa Rica to ask about a work visa and checked with Nicaragua about my resting days (won´t be a problem to leave the country.. can pay a dollar per day overstayed and won´t be many).
In fact, I´m leaving tomorrow, because there is a Psy Trance party in Costa Rica and I started my project to get a divemaster job there.. if there´s a way, I´ll make it! :D

Nicaragua is really small compared to other countries and the same is for Costa Rica.. I will probably drive all over the place trying to get my things done and it´s not too bad, because nothing is more than a day of riding.. :)
hear from me soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment