Saturday, May 8, 2010

..last day in Granada..

not always the things work out the way you want and so I end up here with broken dreams and burning pain in my chest, that´s about to vanish as smoke in the wind..

still haven´t any pictures of this nice, colorful town and it´s churches.. somehow don´t feel as running around and capturing in with my cam just to upload in the internet. Was all in all very nice here.. interesting and intense times!!
I went to the Santiago Volcano close to Masaya, where sulfuric gases come out of a huge crater and where you can hike around the crater, enjoying a spectacular view (I hope the pics worked out) and I was also on the Mombacho Volcano close to here, where there is a rain forest on this 1000m high peak growing. It´s a nice clima up there.. not too hot and humid as rainforest is supposed to be ;) after big plans, I ended up there by myself and did the forbidden Puma trail (forbidden, because I didn´t have a 15USD guide with me ;) and basically run the 4km in half the time they calculate. Was a good workout and gave me some headspace. Mostly you are on jungle trails without having a lot of view or seeing wildlife, but there are some nice lookouts where´s it´s worth to stop for a while. Beautiful to watch over the flat country and seeing the beginning hills in the distance.

a reason to stay another day is the local fire spinning group that I met yesterday. Want to perform tonight as well and make some sound with my didge (they have flute and djembe). Otherwise I was busy with heart issues until yesterday.. so today I might just trip around the city and start drinking early ;) having a party Saturday and going to Ometepe Island tomorrow. Already packed up my stuff, but a day more or less never really mattered and here is for sure more going on to go out in the night.

fixing my bike was pretty easy.. I met this guy here that is just the pure Nicaraguan McGyver :) he was maybe not always as careful as I hoped, but he actually made a good job.. wielded my mirrors back on the screws (so no expensive screws, just a bit working time to pay :) and riveted my side case, painted the bike new (he was about to paint all of the metal frames, but I stopped him at a certain point.. ;) even if I have to admit, that the new hand painting looks better than before :)
I´m glad I could give some money to local people for such a great (and very much needed) service. I took the front cover apart and attached the lamp again and now I know how the beam can be adjusted to the street ;)
most impressing was his backyard, where it´s not adviced to enter without having a Tetanus shot ;) hehe :) there is rusty metal crap lying around all over the place but he got all the parts we needed out of it ;) yes.. glad I met this guy.. now I´m ready to roll again! :D
have to stop though in Costa Rica to get a new fan and fix my cooling system.. had to stop twice in the last days because the lamp came on :( hope this is not going to happen anymore.. especially not while riding with all my stuff through the mountains or having someone else on the bike.

well yes.. I think this is mostly what I´ve done here in the last days ;) there is of course always a lot more going on, but I wouldn´t want to have this blog too detailed.. just the most important things ;)

have a blissfull day and hear from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment