Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HAPPY SHAMBHALA!! :D

..so yes.. we were floating down the river for hours and there was even a wicked rope swing to jump out in the water! :) ..it took me quite a while, until I dared to climb up that tree, but it was totally cool swinging out and I even landed free of pain ;)




..oh dude.. this is how it gets messed up with my blog. the last entry disappeared in data heaven despite auto saving :( ..hmm.. anyway.. seems, I have to post it shortened again :P




so I was on Shambhala and it was just sooooooo incredible beautiful, inspiring, touching and full of love!! :D oh yeah.. made a lot of friends (what happens, if you travel by yourself ;)
it's a totally awesome place with forest and a river flowing across and the weather was just perfect! :D ..I was pretty excited the evening before, if everything would work out fine and then it came way better than I could have ever expected it ;) I just passed the cars that were lined up and left out the parking overflow zone.. talked to a man with a hat on a ATV and got my ticket very quickly (motorbike rulez!! :) I went to the main gate, waited 10 minutes and was the first motor driven vehicle of the normal guests that entered the area :D
I could leave it then at the drop off place under some trees (just works with motorbikes and talking nice to people ;) and walked in. ..the first person I met (and talked to) showed me a beautiful and shady place in the forest, where I could pitch my tent.. totally nice neighbours and a great spot, as I figured out later (compared to the car camping.. hot and dusty most of the time ;) ..so yes.. was from the beginning a wonderful weekend! lot's of lovely people with their awesome costumes (you should check some pictures on www.shambhalamusicfestival.com). That's a big deal here.. to have fancy costumes :D ..but me, I'm anyway always in my indian/hippie look, so matches perfectly ;) hehe :)
words couldn't tell, what happened there, but be assured, it was a totally beautiful time and it made me so much richer!! :)
only the end was a little bit abrupt.. they played music until 9.00 in the morning and at 12.00 the people were supposed to leave.. no chance to camp out another day, what would have been really necessairy after 4 days of party.. :-/ but made it back pretty quickly (passing all the cars lined up and trying to leave the area ;)

I spend another day at my friends place, but for some reasons, she wasn't very much at ease any more (I just felt SOOOO good after this festival!! :D ..so I decided to leave the next morning and went on to Gray Creek (that's close to Crowford Bay). It was a very rainy day and I got soaked (for once ;) and was glad, when I finally arrived at the place. Passed Nelson, that's supposed to be a very nice little town, but it was to wet to check the place out :P
the place in Gray Creek was an organic farm and I was doing some WWOOF-work (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms), where you get food and a place to stay for 5hrs working every day. it's a pretty fair deal for people who want to travel like that..

No comments:

Post a Comment