Thursday, February 18, 2010

San Pedro.. a place to chill! :)

beloved friends and family!

once to upload my pictures takes a few minutes, I update my blog, even if there's not that much to write, due to my lazy hanging out here in the small town of San Pedro :)
Here are a lot of cool people staying (especially the place I rent my 6USD private room with king size bed (haha :) and there is psy trance in the night (well until 1am, because everything closes then by country law.. jaja.. very boring, but anyway.. every night a little and a little afterparty is also OK ;) I earned few drinks yesterday by fireperforming and got even the gasoline sponsored ;) hehe :)
yesterday I climbed the "nose of the indian" and it was a really awesome hike!! got a four legged friend when I started the trip.. the dog (it would call it "sombra") was a reallly cool dog! guided me all the way, went along on a huge detour and was mostly 30 meters ahead to check the way.. I'm sure he would have gotten me out of trouble, if there would have been any ;) hehe :) on the other hand, I made sure he got some water and food and kept him out of trouble with other dogs :) ..he's super smart and climbed even up and down a ladder.. was really impressed! :D
there is some kind of conflict between two towns that have access to the indians nose (both offer guides and have a trail going to the top), so if you pay on one side, you have to avoid the other side.. that's why I made a detour to stay on official roads for the way back.

I got an idea where to go from here.. well, first another 4 days of chill and party and then to an active volcano, camping out on top and heading for new tires in the capital and then to Tikal, stopping on the way for some caves.. the roads seem to be safe where I ride and it connects many popular places of Guatemala.. so it's just perfect! :)

around lago Atitlan you find great food (had a BBQ last sunday and want to stay another sunday to have another good piece of meat! :) played petanque, chess and pool here and really enjoyed doing it (there are not too many opportunities to do so).
Met a lot of Swiss people that are traveling here in Guatemala.. so I got to speak Swiss from time to time ;)

so.. my pics are uploaded and I continue with my small tasks for the day :)

big hug and all the best!! having great weather here.. just have to put enough sunscreen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment