Friday, February 5, 2010

Montezumas Revenge :P

haha.. for some reasons my iron stomach got pretty much turned around the last days ;) but anyway, I'm traveling on and just arrived in San Cristobal de las Casas, an old and beautiful town, where I will spend the next days :) hmm.. was pretty much a day :D started at 4.00am feeling really bad, getting up at 7.30am and having pancakes and 2 coffee at 8.00am to be fully packed and rolling 9.30ish :) getting out of town, military stopped me and wanted to check my stuff, but it was more friendly tapping my boxes, while the attention lied on the conversation I had with the official :) he told me where to be careful and that the roads were built with minor materials, so not to slip if it's wet ;) Anyway, they wouldn't have found anything and I don't even think in starting to unpack my stuff.. then I can pitch the tent first ;) ..So I drove on and broke probably my record of riding hours, with having to lacto drinks along the way (no worries, for tonight I got some appettite ;) was cloudy and therefore hot and humid when I started in the morning. Hit some raindrops, but no real shower.. just drove through. The scene changed from roads through dry forests and over hills, to Mountains and Sierra.. it's incredibly beautiful, what I've seen so far from Chiapas :D
there were of course some other Militaries along the way who stopped me and we were talking for a while about bikes and stuff.. he was kinda keen and and asked me about smoking weed and finally I wonder why they didn't search me.. either he liked me too much to have a closer look or I just convinced him, that there is no need to do so :D haha :) in both ways, it's amazing what happens to you because of you! :)
I spent 3 dollars to get on the highway and make it barely before dark in this town here.. jaja.. was just in time. (also getting lot colder up here) found in notime a cool hotel with this free internet, free breakfast, hot shower, parking, even cable tv to watch Cartoon Network ;) hehe :)
all this for less than 15 bucks..

was good to move on from Zipolite to some other place (how things can change quickly..) I spent my last day driving to a beach, where a plane of a drugdealer once crashed and still a plane is sticking out of the sand :) made some pics.. will be online soon I guess.. :) went also through a chilly boatride through the mangrove forest of a nearby lagoon.. saw a crocodile and some animals on an island, where I wasn't sure if they should be there or not..
had quite some hours for myself (that I really needed!!) ..maybe was also that in Zipolite.. was quite a busy time..

ah.. and actually, it can easily be dangerous here in Latin America.. but along the way you hear various times the same recommendation (as I'm here ;) and you hear where you should not go.. drugtraffic cities as Ciudad de Juarez (that's just next to El Paso, where I stayed a night ;) hehe :) but other side of the boarder :P ;)
so anyway.. it's not too hard to be safe.. of course, you never have a guarantee, but it's not just randomness, once your there, you will know :) and: the places you should leave out aren't really "must sees" ;)

well.. heading out for food.. a fruitjuice and something that goes with my stomach ;)
the streets got pretty dirty here.. rubbed a lot of dust out of my face and have to improve my helmet-glasses.. getting red eyes by pure driving around ;) hehe ;)

have a great time!! ..Mexico is really cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment