Tuesday, March 22, 2011

..that went fairly well!!! :D

phew.. first Skype-Interview to get a job and it actually was going really well! :D

first I wasn´t sure if the Bolivian internet is fast enough to have such an interview and then I struggled with non-working headsets, but one of the ladies organized me a brand new one and everything worked just in time! :)

so I talked to the HR-manager and my future boss and it looks, as I would get that job!!! :D haha!! :D ..the only open point is my salary (I´m still reaching for the stars with having an exorbitant sum in my mind ;) but I think this will not be the NO-GO of the deal.. but let´s see what they propose me ;)
and one little bitter pill is the ammount of time abroad.. it´s about 70% :/ that´s on the upper limit.. means that I probably wont have a long term relationship :´( and also my apartment should be cheap and will not be so important (living in hotels around the world I guess ;) ..but hey, the job description is like AWESOME!! and I want to do something special! so I might just have to handle the fact that I won´t spend too much time in Switzerland.. instead of buying a computer to play games, buying a powerful laptop that keeps me connected to the world while being abroad.

I really studied some papers and knew a lot more about GMD and the business that they asked me.. so I feel, I´m having a good start! :D

so until end of the week, I got the last details and then let´s make that happen!! :D means, I´ll be back in Switzerland before mid of April and praying to the weather-gods: let it be nice back home!! ;D haha ;)

that was point 1 of 2 here in Bolivia.. during the week, I´ll check my bike-selling task and then have to send home some gear and soon leaving the continent (for a little while ;) ..GMDs are installed in South America, Australia, Asia and North America.. all destinations I gladly travel to!!! :D

then to catch up with the last day.. I had one really, incredible, wonderful riding day from Tupiza to Potosi.. just the last 40 minutes got a bit wet and cold.. so I got an "expensive" hotel in Potosi, where I could store my bike (the city is horrible to drive in.. all one-way roads, very narrow and steep). The city is built on a slope of a mountain and wouldn´t it be that cold and would not the whole ambient be dominated by big mining industry, it would be a nice place.. but like this it was not really worth to spend time there.. furthermore the main attraction, going into the mine, is not as spectacular as other trips I made into mines.. another payed tour that I left out!! ;)
so just chilled out and warmed my frozen bones in Potosi and the next day made it to Cochabamba.. 2 hours of super-freezing cold in the morning, then some rain (not too bad) and then hitting the road between Cochabamba and LaPaz.. there was a landslide, so I had to wait for 30 min and then there was another landslide that made me take a dirtroad along the slope of the mountain..
they said, it just happened and there was a X-tons heavy rock in the middle of the road, taller than a man and no space to drive around.. no idea how they solved that. Also thought, if I´d have had a bad timing, then this would have been the end of me and my bike.. but that is why I have so much confidence in life.. feel safely guided by the universe! :)
then the road along was nice, but narrow and there were trucks coming from both sides and it´s just not possible to cross.. so while I just barely made it and went on the asphalted road again, the line of busses and trucks got bigger (they can´t turn around where the landslide was and from both sides big vehicules started to taking the alternative road, what has to lead to a total chaos up there.. because the stretch is about 2km and I want to see a truck driving backwards 1km on this narrow road (and all cars behind). I was SOOOOOO happy to continue my ride and getting closer to my final destination..
so pretty much an appropriate final riding day! ;)

got my apartment back (just for 3 weeks as it looks) and hooked up with Karen again!! :) ..well, yesterday it was a disastreous night where many things have been said that really impacted on both of us.. my point is that I´m leaving very soon to come back home and that´s my 1st priority (and it sucks to say it like that :( makes it sound as I would not really appreciate being with Karen or at least, I´m not willed to make any commitment for it..
BUT.. I was so distracted and concerned while riding back to CBBA, meeting Karen again really grounded me and brought us back to the wonderful time we had before!! that was truely magic!! to feel all these special vibes, all the love and even more sexual desires!! ;) haha ;) ..I guess, you just have to make it with the right girl ;) ..so I really enjoy my last stop here in CBBA and this week, I get the bike-stuff done and want to get my teeth cleaned here (as long it´s so super cheap ;)
then as soon as I arrived, there was a lot of rain again in CBBA.. but as long I can stay in bed with my beloved one, it´s no big deal ;)
on Saturday there was also Eli´s monthly full-moon party and I really enjoyed it!!! was pretty trippy ;) and the moon was big and shiny as it´s only every 20 years (so even more special the event ;)
then a lot of chilling out on Sunday and recovered again until today (yes.. was my big day with the job interview).
Okay.. I guess that´s it from me.. will hear more in a few days.. and they will be the last entries in my travel-journal! :)

I´m happy this is coming to an end.. it has been the biggest and most epic thing I´ve ever done and as everything in life, had it´s timespam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment