Thursday, March 3, 2011

-=30th Anniversary Special=-

so here we go.. reached 30.. lived already 3 decades (from my point of view a veeeery long time already!) and in this post, I'll write down the things I remembered, just looking 10 years back.. 10 years is a nice number for a timespam and I did quite some things..

I did 100 days of army, studied 3 years (luckily didn't have to repeat one!), then 6 month thesis, while playing an awesome roleplay with a good friend (hundreds of hours!!), then going to South America, finish my duties for my country, learning Spanish and having a whole bunch of incredible experiences!!! :D
coming back, starting working at the ABB, saving money, doing my OpenWater and Advanced diving certification, riding a horse in Argentina and quitting my job to travel in South East Asia.. more countries and experiences and finally buying a bicycle and cycling almost 6000km through S.E.A., where I realalized: I need a motor attached to this two wheels! :D ..so I found a bike in Google, bought it with my Visa card and then had to go back a year, because I missed out that I'm actually not allowed to ride this bike :P ..getting a job in the ABB again within 3 days (of yelling out loudly my needs to the universe! ;) and having the best year ever in Switzerland, living in an alternative dumpsterdiving living community and doing a lot of cool stuff as Life-Roleplay and Psytrance parties! :D (another big smile!)
then picking up my bike finally about 21 month ago and starting this epic, epic, awesome trip down to Argentina! :D ..it has been SOOOOOOOO long!! time moves differently if you're traveling and I had tons of special experiences and changed (as I'd say from myself) quite a lot! :)

so I have been a Tank-Commander, -gunner and -pilot, fired a 20mm cannon, drove a 20 ton vehicle On- and Offroad, watched the stars with nightvision goggles, I learned about chemistry, physics, about the micro and the macrocosm, economy, history, a shit lot of math (so much you could never imagine these things exist.. as third dimension deferencial equations to calculate magnetic fields around a conductor.. crazy shit! ..and I never used it again ;) haha ;) but I'm glad I heard about.. balances out my esotherical part :)
during this time I also learned to play the guitar, play didgeridoo and jaw-harp (not too complicated ;). I became quite a roleplayer (good fun!) and had my first trip on my own in India.. (also changed my life a lot! :)
I drove ATVs and longboards (don't like skateboards and inline skates.. they are too dangerous to me! ;)
..then I had a good time off in Bolivia.. my other home now (not that I would want to live there, but was also wonderful to go back and always had great times! :D
I managed to get an internship in the worlds biggest powerplant (at the time.. now it's no.2 ;) that was a lot of shaking hands and going out to eat with my new pals there! got a ass-kicking letter of reference (wrote it myself ;) and got a good job back home in no-time. ..then during my first job in the ABB, I lived in Bern, was a lot with my friends that decided to not leave the canton, Shakti the Shaman, a LARP Character came to life that I still love to play and I was in love quite some of that time! :D
then a spontaneous trip in South East Asia that made my Alaska-Argentina that great! wouldn't have done it on a motorbike befor having the push-bike experience ;)
the year I came back to make my drivers license has been the best one in Switzerland I've ever had and it would not have been possible to make this trip in the form I was doing it.. in fact, more than 50% of my funds came from that year!! I probably would have had to stop or to life cheap (no fun, because saving that couple of dollars doesn't make any sense in these countries.. rather make use of the price differences and do something real!)
furthermore I restored and improved my position in the ABB and had a great, great job that made me know, what I want to do in life (the next years at least ;) and where I'm good at!
So I have seen Angkor What, Tikal, Palenque, Machu Picchu, the Grand Canyon, Salar Uyuni, Lago Titicaca, the Rockies to the Andies, was at Iguazu-Falls, Niagara-Falls (and lots of other falls ;), caressed the sea, whenever I was passing it, I did some snowboarding, longboard, ATV, small and big motorcycles (one especially lot ;), can drive cars, even tanks. I certificated myself up to Divemaster, where I now everything that includes recreational diving (equipment, physics, physiology) and have more than 100 dives, some with big manta rays or hammerhead sharks, others into sunken ships, have seen thousands of corals and colorful fish, turtles, squids and so many other things, I can't even remember how they're called ;)
Then I learned how to jump out of a plane safely and how to attach yourself to a kite that big, it takes you up in the air.. I'm a paragliding pilot and a novice skydiver (with a good set of skills).
As I do contact juggling for more than then years and started with staff, double stick and meteor, did a year of Thai Chi and a year of Aikido (never liked Karate ;) I got some movement-skills.. too bad my back is kinda fucked up, so I'm in pain while writing these lines and I hope it gets better over the next days (its a bit on and off and did a lot of activities lately.. seems has to rest a bit)
I flew even a looping with a two-winged-plane! that was unforgettable!! :D
..also seen a lot of wildlife.. not just big cockroaches, but also bears, moose, sat next to a big eagle, held a tarantula on my hand (loved it! :), was holding snakes (also love it!! ;), have seen dolphins jumping in front of the boat.. so close, could almost touch them! have seen a whale and it's fin coming out of the water, have swum with a 10m long whaleshark out in the blue! (also unforgettable!!!), have seen the strangest insects and plants on my travels.. have climbed so many mountains and volcanos.. some even active! and put a wooden stick in a lava-stream (probably have to go to Guatemala to do that! ;)

and that are just the things that popped out of my mind, when I was thinking back to the last 10 years.. there are so many more, that are just found in private journeys of mine or unpublished blogs ;) special experiences that are mine and not to share with the world in an unfiltered version, but as special and as deep and changing as they can be.. and beautiful! :D

so I can't complain about my life at all! ;)

so what will the next 5 years be then? ..easy: going back home, getting a great job, save a lot more of money ;) Roleplay, Psytrance Parties and enjoying life in Switzerland, having a train pass that I can use all public transports :)
want to do more skydiving and take some diving holidays in the red sea! :D there are some divespots, going there for 2 weeks is enough.. because you can dive a lot and enjoy the sport intensively where it's best to do it! :)
then hopefully I will share my apartment with my soulmate (the one for the rest of my life ;) and going traveling again together, other side of the world :) let's see how and when and everything.. lies veeeeeeery far in the future! ..but if she would have a bike-license, it could be handy, then we could make the trip with two BMW 800 GS (bought cheap in Switzerland) and drive from home to Australia (final destination of my next trip ;) ..the 800 GS is awesome!! bigger brother of mine and would really want to ride such a bike.. and then.. why not traveling again on 2 wheels.. will figure it out. For this trip, it's end has come and my little baby (dragon ;) did a great job bringing my down here!
..if we survive that trip, probably children ;) HAHAHA :D


so here is what I would call my real-life-character sheet:

as an introduction: in Life-Roleplay, I'm always a good character and playing someone else than me, try to be better than me in real life (roleplaying gives you the perfect oportunity to learn about yourself!). And because of in Life-Role-Play you interact with other players and fight the villans, I prefer to have to other players all my friends.

in a table Roleplay, where you have your character on a sheet and you belong to a party of other players to survive the story of the gamemaster, it's a different story! here my characters lack completely of Intelligence and Charisma to get extra points for Dexterity (aiming, defense) and Strength (melee attack and damage) to make some really bad, but superstrong "heros" that are best fighting and killing. Sorry, but I love this type of guy! ;D the thing is.. even if I'm a really bad guy, I just fight nonplayer characters that the gamemaster invents.. so I'm not really hurting anybody, not even offending the gamemaster, because he sends you orks that you chop off their heads! :D MUHAHA ;))
then I also like the "powergaming", where you make your char as good as the rules allow.. without bending the rules, you can become the most superior at your level, if you contribute skillpoints right and buy the right feats.

so the chars I use to play are very different.. my barbarian doesn't need to read or write or have any other knowledge than about weapon and killing, while in real life it's totally the other way round! :) so I wanted to make my own character sheet, where 1 is poor, 5 avarage and 10 good (note: you can get more than 10 if you're really excellent at something ;)

==> sorry the formatting got messed up and I don't want to put it in order.. have to read it like that :P


Name: Markus Hirsig
Age: 30
Race: Human
Eyes/Hair: blue/dark brown
Height: 1m77
Weight: 70kg

Level: 10 (composed as followed)

3 levels of Scientist (my studies obviously ;)
5 levels of Planeshifter (travel, work, life..changing through awareness)
2 levels of Dragonrider (especially proud of ;)

Strength: 4 not especially strong
Dexterity: 4 would be better without ostechondrosis :P
Constitution: 7 hey, I ran a Marathon! :D
Intelligence: 6 made my bachelor of science
Wisdom: 8 runs pretty smoothly my life :)
Charisma: 7 not that beautiful, but know how to talk ;)


Balance 5 no slacklining ;)
Bluff 3 can be seen playing poker ;)
Climb 5 up to a 5a (not too hard)
Computer Use 7 not really good for an ingeneer ;)
Concentration 7 did some meditation too
Chemistry 6 no chemist..
Electronics 8 better.. :)
Mechanics 6 no mechanic neither ;)
Diplomacy 9 we got better at that ;)
Disguise 7 LifeRolePlay :D
Drive 8 50 000km help
Gamble - I never do that!
Gather Info 7 because of languages
Handle Animal 7 animal-lover! :)
Hide 5 dont use that too often ;)
Intimidate - also not used in my life..
Jump 5 very average
Listen 5 "
Move Silently 5 "
Dance 7 best to Psy-Trance! :)
Pilot 1 hey, it's activated! :)
diving 8 almost as a fish ;)
Read/Write Language 9 5 languages spoken/written! :D
Repair 8 little McGyver ..mostly :P
Research 7 internet rulez! ;)
Ride 7 owned a horse once :)
Search 5 could never find the Lego parts ;)
Sense Motive 6 people don't lie to me very often..
Spot 4 had sharper eyes before 20..
Survival civilization 9 ..I'm still alive after all! ;)
Survivel in nature 3 would probably not make it.. Orientation 7 my inner compass
Swim 7 still, better not fall off a cruiser ;)
Treat Injury 6 I'm EFR.. but that's it.
Juggling 8 contact with 1 and 2 balls :)
Melee Weapons 7 my fancy-kung-fu style ;)
Ranged Weapons 6 fired handguns, riffles, shotguns

Feats: Indominable will (willpower +2), Daredevil,

Weakness: bad back (dex -1),



..if there's something coming to my mind, I absolutely have to add, I will do it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment