Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home, Sweet Home.. :)

Yes.. so this is the last of my many blogs.. still having to get used to a slightly different keyboard layout, but it's just a matter of time ;) hehe ;)

the ride back was a pain in the ass.. long layovers, no board entertainment and aweful food, but I made it and even if flying isn't what it once was, it was simply necessairy to get here and hey, I made it alive! :D (all the nice TV doesn't help if you crash in the ocean ;) hehe ;)

what a feeling to be back home!! all the places and people you know, all experience new (because I'm new :) and very pleasant so far!!
..a lot to organize, but things come together quickly (in a certain way want to have it done all at once ;) hehe ;)

the reason to make this last blog is what I call "a trip in numbers" where I listed up some calculations from this trip..

I basically travelled from the 7.7.09 to the 11.4.11

thats 21 months or 640 days

I travelled 56 000km with my bike

at an average speed of 70km/h, this are 800 hours or 33 full days

thats 130 days of having a quite long good ride

means, I traveled every 5th day in average and only 90km/day

the engine did with 3200U/Min as many as 153600000 turns

I guesstimated the ammount of gas I used in average bz 4lt/100km, what makes it 2240lt to make to whole trip

at guesstimated 70ct/liter, this is approx. 1500USD in gasoline

I spent probably 2000USD on spares and service

4000USD amortization of the bike

changed 1 times sprockets, 2 times chains and max. 7 tyres en total (front and rear)

all in all, I'd calculate about 10'000USD to have the trip powered by a BMW 650 GS! :D

I would only change it for a 800 GS and only if I know, that's a very reliable one! :)

and last.. I catched hundreds of mosquitos in my eyes and the ones crushed on the bike must be in the 10'000.. (die suckers ;)


WIIIIIIIIIII... what a trip!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment