Tuesday, June 29, 2010

..continuation ;)

wellwell.. sorry, I just met this guy from Bocas and they were 3 guys in a dorm with 2 double beds, so for me being on the waiting list, he invited me to crush in their place what sounded waaaay better than the couch or cinema room ;)
what followed was one of the more crazy experiences, because after half an hour trying to sleep he came upstairs with a friend and we had some after hour !P
I got then finally a couple hours of sleep and organized some stuff in the afternoon. Made a bag with things that I didn't really use and sent it home for 100 bucks :P was 12 kg and I shouldn't complain, but once more it are material things that incapacitate us and take so much effort and money to maintain. Was tough an interesting experience, because they had to wrap it into parcel paper (what was done in a flower store around the corner) and then putting the 20 5-dollar stamps on, together with paperwork and a sticker with a barcode.. I'm sure it will arrive :D haha ;)

then lucky me figured out this Friday that on Saturday is this Psy-Trance party on the beach, two hours outside of Panama city (was the girl from the reception at the hostel I'm staying that was telling me, when I asked for electronic music to go out ;) what good Karma!! and good timing! :D there are just very few parties of that kind and it took her an hour to figure out, chatting with friends, where it was.

I went out for a little warm up on Friday and finally got to bed at 9am after a lot of party, meeting cool people, contact juggling and even more crazy, experimenting stuff ;) was REALLY good! so I didn't get too much sleep before I packed a small bag with contact ball and my fire-fans, buying water, booze and fruits (to survive the night ;) and went to the terminal and on my journey. tried to sleep in the bus but didn't really work :P was then walking to this mystical place and figured out, it's on a asphalted place of an abandoned hotel with view on the beach :D arrived there early, met the people and then got smoothly into this very beautiful, small, familiar party! :)) here it's as Switzerland was 10 years ago.. just very small, but rising, the vibe of this scene and special, heartful and spiritual people! :D I was spinning fire and despite of the music was a bit hard for my taste during the night, I was dancing a lot and hat LOOOOOOTS of fun! :D met awesome people, hanging out on the beach, enjoying this blistering moment of being at a party that reminds me back home :))
went back to the city to chill out with a friend I met and had the best treat you could wish for! :) after I felt so much for a change, I really got it and I mean TOTALLY! life embraces you, gives you everything you could ever ask for and things happen without having to exhaust yourself.. WOW! what an experience!! I'm so glad I made it to this place! HAHA :D
so I was a night in Lunas Castle, a very popular hostel in the old town of Panama. I really love it for having such a good atmosphere as lots of beautiful painting (freaky art! ;) and sculptures out of scrap metal. There are a lot of people and if you don't have a reservation, you end up on the waiting list.. but hey.. PingPong table, cinema room, bar attached to the hostel and lots of common living space to hang out, including the "Fort Krishna" a crows nest between the two livings, accessed by a almost invisible ladder.. you may just guess, what was going on up there ;) hihihi ;))
ahhh.. good times!

next to this I was organizing my motorcycle stuff.. I was there already three times and finally today I got everything done the way I wanted.. the fan seems to work (lets touch wood, because tomorrow it will have it's field test) and it seems to be in a good state (even if I missed the BMW factory sheet that tells you all the data.. it's not North America anymore ;) they fixed mirrors, lights and some small stuff, made a service and I bought spare sprockets and chain, because I will have to change it before Patagonia. There is another small part that can be fixed for cheaper and a 200 dollar tire, that has to fit on the back (sending a bag home and getting a tire in exchange :P well, won't be for very long..
I had to push pretty hard (calling a lot, going there, talking to people..) to get all this done but yes, it's possible.. just don't expect it happens by itself ;) hehe :) so the spares were actually pretty expensive.. then all the other items.. factory test did cost (of course, I should know.. we sold them very expensive at my former employer ;) hehe :) the valves were to tightened, what made a strange sound when I first started it after they told me it's ready.. so I thought this problem would be fixed on their behalf but actually not :P well.. got a good deal after all and I think the work isn't overpriced.. it's still BMW. but original parts are the killer.. and I heard that further down they have higher import taxes, so things could be even more expensive. Therefore I bought some stuff here to not repeat the story in Mexico ;) will see if I'm right ;) hehe :)
so yeah.. bill paid, bike packed, tomorrow early morning I go with a bus to the store and then up-up-and-away :D finally riding again!!
so the all-in-all including trip down on a sailboat, bike fixed, spare parts and bag sent home is probably 2.5 grand, what is still for me a lot of money.. buy hey, I guess it fits somewhere in and you shouldn't be to delicate about money in life ;) hehe :)
I met at the BMW shop a guy from Mazedonia that travels all over the world.. really impressive! he's riding a lot tough.. couldn't do that.. rather stay and get know the place. but OK.. he made it also down on the east side of Africa (seems to be the safer side), but they tried to kill him anyway three times.. a Masai in the desert and a Machete-Guy who gave him a scare over his left eye (as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars 3.. I tell you guys.. if I would have a scare in my face, it should be one like this.. it looked sooooo badass! HAHA :)))
so the conclusion of the story: don't do Africa by yourself! (So I probably won't push my luck with doing something more than just this continent at this moment.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment